Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
geraldandannie
geraldandannie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Sony newbies

Hi everyone

I've been looking at e-readers for a while. Did a little bit on a Handspring (same as a Palm) a while ago, but of course, the screen was too small really. I loved the concept, though.

We knew member C6REW from a common interest in motorhomes, and he introduced the Sony to us via our M/H forum. We met at a 'gathering' in Somerset, and a quick demo convinced us. Both Annie and I are readers (with severely differing tastes), so to avoid disputes we had to buy two of the things

Anyway, we've probably got enough to go on for the moment, but will be looking for sources of low-cost, modern literature

Gerald
geraldandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Gerald and welcome to the Forum. I cut my teeth on an iPaq Packet PC back in the late 90's and really got hooked on eBook reading despite the small screen and back light. I got a Sony back in January and really like it a lot
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Excellent! New recruits! You'll quickly find that the Reader is great for traveling when you don't have space for books. Happy Reading!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #4
C6REW
Connoisseur
C6REW has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis 1
Hi Gerald,

Great to see you both here. See you soon at Warwick!

Regards

Chris
C6REW is offline   Reply With Quote