Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Mobipocket Cover Image Sizes

Prompted by some threads in the Kindle forum, I wanted to double-check the image size capabilities of the CyBook.

Cover Images:
I've found that Mobipocket covers of 600x800 are displayed correctly, provided that they are under 62KB. Since I understand other readers have problems with images over 60KB, I tend to keep under that figure.
There is a slight alteration to 600x800 images for covers - they have a 1 pixel black border added around their edge, just inside the image area so it displays.

(I tested the size by using an image that had 1 pixel white/black lines in two directions, as well as black steps near the edges. It was easy to see that the image hadn't been resized or cropped.)

One other thing I found while doing these tests is that the screen in My CyBook isn't quite centred. It's one pixel too low and to the right. I don't think I'll bother trying to do anything about it.

[edit: attached test image. Use it as the cover of a sample book to test the screen. The black steps at the edges are 16, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 pixels. You won't see the 1 pixel step, as it will be covered by the 1 pixel border the mobipocket software adds when displaying the cover.]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Cover.gif
Views:	578
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	16291  

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-15-2008 at 04:06 PM.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Any chance of attaching these images? I'd love to see if my 505 is all visible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've added a good test image to the original post.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any chance of attaching these images? I'd love to see if my 505 is all visible.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thanks! My 505 seems ok.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote