Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Books Now Available at Local Libraries

Didn't see this anywhere, so I hope it hasn't already been posted. Amazon and Overdrive are finally rolling out Kindle support. I can confirm that they're available at Clevnet.

Kindle Books Now Available at Local Libraries

Edit: Clevnet lists 25,742 Kindle ebooks. This does not include PDFs.

Last edited by carld; 09-21-2011 at 10:22 AM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
You have such a lonely thread, I thought I'd stop by and visit
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
tponzo
Addict
tponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't littertponzo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 900(gave it to my sister); Sony PRS-T1; onyx book note air
Don't have a kindle but use Clevenet so thanks for the info.
tponzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The other thread on the same topic has more visitors, even though it came later.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
LOL, I know! And I was first by five whole minutes!

Hmmmmpppphhh.
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The other thread on the same topic has more visitors, even though it came later.
Go figure.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
LOL, I know! And I was first by five whole minutes!

Hmmmmpppphhh.
Such is life. At least you're getting hits now.

Check out a book yet?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Can a mod merge the two threads?
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
Can a mod merge the two threads?
LOL, there's more than two

Sure wish we had a separate library forum ...hint, hint
Old 09-21-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
I think it probably has to do with thread titles. People looking at this thread might think at first it is about the announcement that libraries "would be" able to lend books in Kindle format; even saying "today" begs the question, when was that word written? The more popular thread has the actual date. Reading THIS thread got me thinking about how I title new threads.
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
carld
Wizard

@tubemonkey

Yep, got The Right to Write: An Invitation and Initiation into the Writing Life.

I think the other thread just happened to be closer to the top when people starting logging in to talk about it. I just automatically copied the article title for the thread title. I don't especially care about getting hits on a thread, I'm not that ego driven (well, mostly not), but I've never really given much thought to thread titles.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I think the other thread just happened to be closer to the top when people starting logging in to talk about it.
People start with the thread on top?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
This thread seems so much quieter. Oh, I like the library lending on the Kindle; I've got 2 books already. Now the Kindle is the perfect e-book reader (this is known as sarcasm, just in case).
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
This thread seems so much quieter. Oh, I like the library lending on the Kindle; I've got 2 books already. Now the Kindle is the perfect e-book reader (this is known as sarcasm, just in case).
Soooo... the Kindle isn't really the perfect ereader now? Or you don't really like the library lending? Or this really isn't a quieter thread? I'm still a little confused about the sarcasm.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Soooo... the Kindle isn't really the perfect ereader now? Or this really isn't a quieter thread? I'm confused.
I was trying to forestall any arguments about the Kindle being the perfect ereader now. That worked out really well.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote