Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
PapaJohn
Enthusiast
PapaJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Secondary sort on Kindle

For those of you that like to sort by Author on your Kindle you have probably noticed that the Titles are out of alpha sequence.
It appears that the Kindle does a secondary sort by publication date - most recent first.
I have found that if I delete the publication date in Calibre before sending to my Kindle then the secondary sort is alpha by title, within Author sort.
Does anyone know of a way to modify a template or plugboard so that Calibre does not send the publication date to the Kindle?
PapaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJohn View Post
For those of you that like to sort by Author on your Kindle you have probably noticed that the Titles are out of alpha sequence.
It appears that the Kindle does a secondary sort by publication date - most recent first.
I have found that if I delete the publication date in Calibre before sending to my Kindle then the secondary sort is alpha by title, within Author sort.
Does anyone know of a way to modify a template or plugboard so that Calibre does not send the publication date to the Kindle?
Hi PapaJohn
You sure ?
As you know I have K3 and there "most recent first" means last "acccessed/added/modified". Will your method still work after you've read a couple of pages of say book 3 in your list ?
Just Trying to learn here ;-D
Cheers
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
PapaJohn
Enthusiast

Hi pchrist7
Perhaps I should have worded that differently.
When I wrote:
Quote:
I meant that it does a secondary sort by publication date.....newest pub date to oldest pub date.
Removing the publication date in Calibre and then sending to my Kindle it then does a secondary sort by Title within Author sort on the Home page.
Quote:
Will your method still work after you've read a couple of pages of say book 3 in your list ?
Yes.

I am hoping someone can tell me how to prevent Calibre from sending the pub date when sending the ebooks to the Kindle. I want to have that info remain in Calibre...... just not have it sent to the Kindle.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Kindle ?

Hi PapaJohn
Dont worry.
BUT, which Kindle are talking about here ?
Your KDX, or wifyes K3 ?
KDX has totally different firmware (operating system/facilities) than the K3.
IF your issue is only KDX, I suggest you specify KDX in thread title.
Cheers,
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
PapaJohn
Enthusiast

Hi pchrist7
Just tried this same procedure on the wife's K3 and it does the same as on my Kindle DX.

Now all I need to know is how to prevent Calibre from sending the pub date. Any ideas????
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #6
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJohn View Post
Hi pchrist7
Just tried this same procedure on the wife's K3 and it does the same as on my Kindle DX.

Now all I need to know is how to prevent Calibre from sending the pub date. Any ideas????
Sorry, but no.
You need the developpers help, I think.
You best bet might be a new thread with "Disable sending pub date to Kindle" or something like that as the Title.
Good luck - will keep looking - I might just learn more.
However, I see that if I add a book with pub date 1975, it will be registered as a new file, go to top, but maybe I have different sort settings etc. on my K3.