Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #181
maxpower
maxpower began at the beginning.

Device: none
I still have trouble syncing my current location from kindle for pc to my other devices. It syncs fine to the pc application, just not from it. All other syncing between devices works fine.

Am I the only one with this problem? I don't think it is a firewall issue because it works fine with books purchased from amazon.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #182
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
OMG I had no idea this was working! lol
So I just converted all my books to mobi and fetch metedata and sideloaded (which I take to mean copy by usb cable using calibres send to device) and opened a book and moved it ahead a few pages... went to menu, (this is on k3 and pc) then went on my pc opened the same file I sideloaded synced it to last page read and it worked... i then moved forward a few pages on my pc went back to the library main page. then went on my k3 and synced it and guess what? it worked !!!
This has made my day! Gees It was a pain going from 1 app to another continually finding my last page read... ahhh bliss

anyway, do I have to sideload or would sending it by email/wifi work?
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #183
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
anyway, do I have to sideload or would sending it by email/wifi work?
Emailing it to your Kindle breaks everthing. It must be sideloaded.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #184
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
DiapDealer: thanks

I was trying it out while you posted and yep your are correct. it does not work. I had to delete the copy on my k3 and sideload it for it to work.

Being inconvenienced once during the sideload or upto 20 times finding the lpr manualy... I'll choose the sideloading option everytime.

Awesome! thanks
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #185
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
I agree, it's definitely worth it. I just got a Nook Color, which I rooted and put the Kindle app on. All I had to do was make a folder called "kindle" on my sd card, put the book files in there and the app recognized them and they synced perfectly!

Nicole
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #186
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
I've started having issues with sideloading. I convert my books to mobi through Calibre, download the metadata, and sideload to both my Kindle and my iPhone 4s. The Whispersync synchronization is NOT working for me. Anyone else having some issues with the sideloading after Calibre conversion?
dmspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #187
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
I've started having issues with sideloading. I convert my books to mobi through Calibre, download the metadata, and sideload to both my Kindle and my iPhone 4s. The Whispersync synchronization is NOT working for me. Anyone else having some issues with the sideloading after Calibre conversion?
How are your loading the books to your iPhone. They must be loaded to the Kindle\Library\eBooks folder for this to work. DiskAid is a good program to do this and they now have a free version.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #188
dmspen
Enthusiast
dmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-booksdmspen has learned how to read e-books

I've been using DiskAid for almost a year. I wonder if I'm NOT dropping the books in the eBook folder. I'll have to check. I think that you can read booksfrom either the Library or eBook folder. I'll check it later. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #189
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
I've been using DiskAid for almost a year. I wonder if I'm NOT dropping the books in the eBook folder. I'll have to check. I think that you can read booksfrom either the Library or eBook folder. I'll check it later. Thanks.
In order for them to sync, they have to be loaded to the Kindle\Library\eBooks folder.

Carol
Old 01-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #190
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@dmspen Try iExplorer, it's free for Mac and PCs. Run iExplorer, select apps, find Kindle app, copy to Documents folder.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #191
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
@dmspen Try iExplorer, it's free for Mac and PCs. Run iExplorer, select apps, find Kindle app, copy to Documents folder.
I tried iExplorer and it wouldn't work on my system. DiskAid however works fine for me.

Carol
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #192
dmspen
Enthusiast

Still some issues

I found one issue. The books in my Kindle were in folders. I put them directly into the Documents folder and was able to get sync. I still have one book that refuses to sync across any device. I will try to ro-Calibre it and see what happens.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #193
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Does it work for books converted with Calibre? I thought to sync you need the ASIN to be in the format B00xxxxxxx. I use Mobi2Mobi to modify mine.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #194
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Does it work for books converted with Calibre? I thought to sync you need the ASIN to be in the format B00xxxxxxx. I use Mobi2Mobi to modify mine.
Yes. I use Calibre and it works fine.

Carol
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #195
boecko
boecko began at the beginning.

Device: kindle4
Great Stuff!
Worked out of the box.

Since my iPhone is jailbroken, i'm using the AppleFileServer-Package for deploying the mobi-files.
I've made an symlink to the Kindle.App-Folder (via ssh of course) for easy navigating.
/var/mobile/eBooks -> /var/mobile/Applications/D075B630-668F-46B7-BF7E-9F5B5F81F0C3/Library/eBooks/

The only caveat is, that the kindle-app doesn't support subfolders.

cheers
boecko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 3, sideloading, sync "furthest page read", whispernet, whispersync