Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
quicksilver
dude
quicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Question Pushing Content Automatically to Reader Screen

I was going to post this over at the PRS-500 Dev section but there seems to be more buzzing here

Is there a way to somehow push a specific file onto the Sony Reader (from your computer) and have it display it automatically?

Example: I just created an RSS feed on my computer, and I want my Reader to display this RSS feed automatically while being connected to the computer. Whenever I create a new RSS feed, the Reader will display the latest file.

Please help! I'm making something for my school project.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dont recall if the XML book database on the reader (media.xml) is whereit keeps track of the currently read book, but if it is, you should be able to force it to open a book by manipulating that file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
quicksilver
dude
quicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enoughquicksilver will become famous soon enough

Hi kovid - can you please tell me where this file is located? You don't mean main.xml do you?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah maybe it was main.xml (should be in database/cache IIRC)
Old 12-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
quicksilver
dude

Thanks kovid. I'll give it a try, but first I'll have to find out how to access the internal memory first!

I think I saw a few posts mentioning how to do this.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can use the ebook-device command from calibre to do that
Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
quicksilver
dude

Tried to run ebook-device.exe from Windows XP (through Vmware) since I'm running Windows 7 64bit. But it just crashes.

Going to run it through Ubuntu. But I have to get it to recognize the device first..
Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
quicksilver
dude

OK. I got it working!

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: zip prsinternal.zip (94.2 KB, 247 views)

Tags
calibre, display, prs 500, push, rss