Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-08-2014, 06:58 AM   #406
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
Hello Booxtor,

Received my M96 today ( hooray, no thanks to UPS stuffing up the delivery *sigh* )

Just wondering, I did the Setup -> Extension -> Calibration routine, as I'm left handed, and now the pen doesn't work at all. Is there a way I can revert to default settings?

[**SOLVED**] - in the "Calibration" option, click [reset].

Regards,
Paul.
To callibrate properly make very tiny cirlces around the middle of targets during calibration. INstead of just pressing just once on the target.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #407
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
@booxtor, is it possible to change the standard vertical cursor '|' to an underscore or just a '.' in the M96?

The reason I ask is that when typing reasonably rapidly on the keyboard with the M96 using one of the text editors I get a nice long chain of cursor ghosts obscuring the letters, like |t|i||||d|||||||bar, which take a second or so to be refreshed away.

I realise this is a rather obscure query and I know that eInk / Boox isn't designed to be a rapid writing tool like how I'm trying to use it, but I would hope that perhaps the small change of the text-cursor would improve the usability.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #408
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Hi,

i had a few problems typing using wps office, especially regarding saving documents that tookk a long time

but now i am using google docs app (free), and it works perfectly,

u can save the docs as word compatible docx files
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #409
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I found Google docs app to be a little too slow even with moderate typing speed here. WPS Office was fairly quick, but again, the text cursor is still getting in the way
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #410
Ivan Grozny
Enthusiast
Ivan Grozny began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Boox
I often switch between 2 pdfs, one I read in normal and the other in Landscape (horizontal) mode.

In order to scribble accurately I need to make a new calibration each time I switch from one pdf to the other, since the calibration for vertical mode makes scribbling in horizontal mode inaccurate and vica versa.

Could we get a feature in some future update where the calibration for a certain reading mode (horizontal or vertical) can be automatically saved ?

So for example it would look like this:
If I'm reading a .pdf file in vertical ('normal') mode and calibrate it, it is calibrated for all vertical reading. As soon as I select 'switch to Landscape', this new calibration isn't applied anymore, but rather the 'old' calibration that exists for Landscape.

Vica versa would also apply, so if I calibrate it while in Landscape mode, it should stay that oly for the landscpe mode.

Last edited by Ivan Grozny; 12-12-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Ivan Grozny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #411
mrs1
mrs1 began at the beginning.

Device: M96
I just installed the latest firmware last week and I'd like to suggest a few improvements:
- The Zoom In, Zoom Out and Contrast icons, sometimes are degraded/corrupt
- I usually set my contrast to 175, but it doesn't save this contrast between books: it should be a persistent setting
- When I set the contrast, I notice there are some words in the lower middle part of the text that are thinner than the rest, this happens in most pages
- I'd also like to suggest a setting to display all text as black. When reading PDFs where the text is colored, it makes it much harder to read
- The TTS does not work. When I open the sample OReader file and I try to playback the text, nothing happens. When I go to the Android settings, it also doesn't work. But the sound is working.

Thanks a lot for a great firmware! :-)
mrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #412
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
heads up!!!

@Booxtor

Hi guys, I leave this post to heads people up about an important problem on T68 model that I've faced with the last Booxtor's update. It is about the fact of leaving plugged the headphone while you turn on or reboot your device, it can damage your headphone or your ears if you wear it during boot process.

In spite of aforementioned glitch, the last update of Booxtor is great, I've installed over it: "lightning launcher" + "rotation locker" + "button savior" + "Bass Booster Pro" + "Google keyboard (Material White Theme)" and the result is awesome, I've endorsed some pics. By the way, "Spotify" works like a charm on this device and I recommend you "lightning browser" which is compatible with flash player.

Many thanks to Booxtor and www.ereader-store.de for supporting this device.

Best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.png
Views:	343
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	132971   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.png
Views:	344
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	132972   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.png
Views:	363
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	132973   Click image for larger version

Name:	04.png
Views:	336
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	132974   Click image for larger version

Name:	05.png
Views:	333
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	132975  

Last edited by kuskro; 12-27-2014 at 10:03 AM.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #413
karlnapf
Enthusiast
karlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura One
great, how did you get the color display into the e-ink reader ?
karlnapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #414
eb00ker
Connoisseur
eb00ker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG / Onyx Boox M92 / M96 / C67 AFTERGLOW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlnapf View Post
great, how did you get the color display into the e-ink reader ?
it's probably the result of a taken screenshot. android comes normally in color. only the screen displays it black and white
eb00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #415
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb00ker View Post
it's probably the result of a taken screenshot. android comes normally in color. only the screen displays it black and white
You are right. Thanks for pointing it out.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #416
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
Quill and FolderSync

I've just joined this forum as I'm considering an M96 to help reduce the eyestrain I get when reading on an iPad or Galaxy Note 10.1. I'm quite intrigued by the stylus aspect of the M96 (as I often prefer to interact with a tablet with a stylus), and would like to take handwritten notes on the device. I've seen some other forum posts where people have discussed different note taking software. However, I'm wondering if anyone has used Quill (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...te.Quill&hl=en) on the M96. This is my preferred note-taking app on my Note 10.1, as it saves the notes in an open format that can easily be converted to SVG or PDF.

As well, do any of you use FolderSync to sync books/PDFs/files between your M96 and the cloud? Thanks!
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #417
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
I've tried the similar free app, Write.

The experience was okayish... With some delay in the characters showing up, so you feel you're writing blind. Might be due to advanced vector graphics text etc.

The inbuilt Onyx Scribbler app is more responsive. It feels looks like a hand drawing, maybe faster due to its simplicity.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #418
japinder
jp
japinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjapinder can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air, Remarkable 1, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
...I've installed over it: "lightning launcher" + "rotation locker" + "button savior" + "Bass Booster Pro" + "Google keyboard (Material White Theme)" and the result is awesome, I've endorsed some pics. By the way, "Spotify" works like a charm on this device and I recommend you "lightning browser" which is compatible with flash player...
Thanks for the suggestions kusro.

Lightning launcher does seem to be pretty fast & my M96 seems to be snappier than when it was on Nova launcher.

Google keyboard (in Material White) too, looks pretty nice as compared to the weird default Android keyboard.

Jp
japinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 12:40 AM   #419
nknouf
Enthusiast
nknouf began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 Universe
Replying to my own message (#416), as my M96 arrived today: Quill works pretty well on the device. There's a bit of a delay in writing, probably due to the vector graphics, but it's usable for me.
nknouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:05 AM   #420
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
@Booxtor

Hi guys, I leave this post to heads people up about an important problem on T68 model that I've faced with the last Booxtor's update. It is about the fact of leaving plugged the headphone while you turn on or reboot your device, it can damage your headphone or your ears if you wear it during boot process.

In spite of aforementioned glitch, the last update of Booxtor is great, I've installed over it: "lightning launcher" + "rotation locker" + "button savior" + "Bass Booster Pro" + "Google keyboard (Material White Theme)" and the result is awesome, I've endorsed some pics. By the way, "Spotify" works like a charm on this device and I recommend you "lightning browser" which is compatible with flash player.

Many thanks to Booxtor and www.ereader-store.de for supporting this device.

Best.
Hi. The configuration of your device is very interesting
Just a couple of questions:
- What theme do you use with "Button Savior"?
- What "recent task manager" do you use?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 02012015 - 13:59:37.png
Views:	272
Size:	477.2 KB
ID:	133224  

Last edited by cicabum; 01-02-2015 at 09:50 AM.
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote