Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #91
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMavrick View Post
While I mentioned the jet book specifically, the question was general in nature. I expect the pages need to be "turned" no matter what reader you use. Same for coming back to the page where you stopped reading.
True.....but different devices have different controls.

You are better off posting where jgaiser directed you.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #92
OBoyle
Sr. Reader, Jr. Member
OBoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600, PRS-650
I actually join this forum a week or so ago. Since then there are any number of times I’ve been reminded that I have not yet introduced myself. This should remedy that oversight.

I am a retired senior citizen who has been recently discovered e-books. I have a Sony PRS 600 reader, and a second Sony PRS 600 reader, which I bought as a backup, but has now been usurped by my wife.

I discovered Calibre very early on, and was immediately impressed. I quickly forwarded a small token of my appreciation to the author via PayPal. For any of you who haven't done that, and use the product (and have the wherewithal) I suggest that it would be a wise idea.

As a newbie in this forum I have several questions. Some are relative to Calibre, and others are relative to the Sony device I own and/or the next Sony device that I will own.

As time goes on I hope I will be able to be of help to others as I'm certain you people are going to be to me.

Thanks for the use of the soap box!

J.
OBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #93
LinValiant
LinValiant began at the beginning.

Location: We currently live in MS, but I am hoping to get a job in the Shreveport/Bossier City, LA area.
Device: Kindle 3G/Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You are welcome.

'sigh. When I think of "grandma's" I think of lttle old grey haired ladies sitting and rocking and doing embroidery. It feels strange being called 'grandma' here........but I take no offense.

Yes...'m a grandma, and 62, but that sure isn't me! I'm too busy finding things to swing my stick at!
Desertgrandma, age is just a number! Always remember, you are only as old as you feel and act!

Lin
LinValiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #94
CaroB
CaroB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Thanks DGma! It's great to have somewhere to start when there's so much available out there!Can be a bit overwhelming... but in a good way :-)
CaroB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #95
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBoyle View Post
I actually join this forum a week or so ago. Since then there are any number of times I’ve been reminded that I have not yet introduced myself. This should remedy that oversight.

I am a retired senior citizen who has been recently discovered e-books. I have a Sony PRS 600 reader, and a second Sony PRS 600 reader, which I bought as a backup, but has now been usurped by my wife.

I discovered Calibre very early on, and was immediately impressed. I quickly forwarded a small token of my appreciation to the author via PayPal. For any of you who haven't done that, and use the product (and have the wherewithal) I suggest that it would be a wise idea.

As a newbie in this forum I have several questions. Some are relative to Calibre, and others are relative to the Sony device I own and/or the next Sony device that I will own.

As time goes on I hope I will be able to be of help to others as I'm certain you people are going to be to me.

Thanks for the use of the soap box!

J.

Welcome to mobileread...

There's a Welcome thread, too, ye ken.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinValiant View Post
Desertgrandma, age is just a number! Always remember, you are only as old as you feel and act!

Lin
The lady I feel is younger than me, does that count ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroB View Post
Thanks DGma! It's great to have somewhere to start when there's so much available out there!Can be a bit overwhelming... but in a good way :-)
Very definitely in a good way ...Never feel shy to ask that question or two...we don't (often) bite....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #96
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
I love this thread. Its great info and very easy to find (without having to ask). Thank you so much!

A lot of the people on MR can be rather...intimidating when just joining. I lurked for quite some time before even opening an account.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #97
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

intimidating?

us?

never .....
Old 12-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #98
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
intimidating?

us?

never .....
lol
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #99
cathie
Connoisseur
cathie doesn't littercathie doesn't littercathie doesn't litter

Device: kindle, Kindle Fire
Thank you for the welcome and the info.
cathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #100
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Yes, thank you Desertgrandma and others for the welcome and for all of the great links. My Kindle will be overflowing in no time and I will never again be without reading material!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #101
reenbow
reenbow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm so glad I found this site! I got a Kindle for X-Mas (I'm a book-a-day gal, have been for decades), & your tips, DG, are going to shave off so much of the learning curve! Thank you!

Hey, Amazon offered Diana Gabaldon's 1st Highlander book a week before Christmas & I didn't snag it because I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS GETTING A KINDLE. Do you think they'd still give it to me?
reenbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #102
Anne Bradshaw
Enthusiast
Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks for all the information Grandma. I have a question. How do I start a new thread on Mobile Read? I can't see anywhere to click.
Anne Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #103
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bradshaw View Post
Thanks for all the information Grandma. I have a question. How do I start a new thread on Mobile Read? I can't see anywhere to click.
Anne, go to the forum you want to post in. Right at the top is a dark blue button 'new thread'. Just click this and start your thread
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #104
Anne Bradshaw
Enthusiast
Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Anne Bradshaw writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thumbs up

Aha! So that's how you do it. Not too "Duh!" after all Thanks so much, Grandma from the desert.
Anne Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #105
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Bradshaw View Post
You got there ... ....