Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablettweet View Post
I think you may want to wait for a while for the release of LG e-paper, it is an LCD that is lighter and I think this it is gonna be big !
It's not LCD.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #17
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Sigy, it's not the distraction. She's just a luddite...

VaporPunk, well then I might as as well surf on the 26" tv at the end of the bed. She doesn't like that either...
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #18
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Sigy, it's not the distraction. She's just a luddite...

VaporPunk, well then I might as as well surf on the 26" tv at the end of the bed. She doesn't like that either...
I'm beginning to see a pattern here...Well, my friend, it looks like you're SOL, for the foreseeable future anyway. The only other option is to "upgrade" the wife which can be an expensive, highly technical, and messy process.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 AM   #19
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Yeah, I was thinking about trading in the 46 year old for two 23 year olds, but housebreaking takes to long. Wonder who's housebroken here? Anyway I know what's my next tablet now, as long as there isn't anything bigger in store. It's whatever will be using this first:

http://pixelqi.com/blog1/

I bought the Adam for the Pixel Qi display and I have never regretted that (to the extent that I bought another one used for my son to use at school). So whoever's going to make a tablet with the new Pixel Qi display type: Shut up, and take my money ASAP!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Whatever's happened to Pixel Qi? At one time it was regarded as the "next big thing" in screen technology that was going to put eInk out of business.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #21
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

That must have been a misunderstanding, I think. They're different products for different folks and devices. I love mine because I can sit outside my cabin in the summer time and read and then take it in and read proof on PDF files in full color. Niche product for a niche market is what I would call it, but this new version may help a bit because everybody's fed up charging their tablets. Even though I must admit that the quite a lot of hours I can get out my Adam is very OK by me. But better colors in "regular mode" would be nice. The first version I have looks a bit washed out.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #22
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
I bought the Adam for the Pixel Qi display and I have never regretted that (to the extent that I bought another one used for my son to use at school).
I always thought that was vaporware, I didn't know anyone actually owned one!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #23
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

We have two in my family. I have one, and my son has one. My daughter is the oddball with an Asus transformer...
Old 04-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

All hope is not lost. You may say that the quite new cell phone Galaxy Note isn't a "small thing".