Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
andrea t
andrea t began at the beginning.

Device: none
e book format

I "borrowed" my first library e book. The print is light and the formatting kind of strange. Every other page is only a half page. Spacing is sometimes double, sometimes single. Is this normal and what I should expect? All the content is there. Thanks!
andrea t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea t View Post
I "borrowed" my first library e book. The print is light and the formatting kind of strange. Every other page is only a half page. Spacing is sometimes double, sometimes single. Is this normal and what I should expect? All the content is there. Thanks!
Absolutely not.

Use the 'contact us' button on your library, and tell someone.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Is it ePub or PDF? What book is it in case I can also borrow it to test it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
andrea t

The book is Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. It's format is Adobe PDF. Maybe its just a bad copy. Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The book is Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. It's format is Adobe PDF. Maybe its just a bad copy. Thanks
Have you tried viewing it with ADE to see if it's a problem with the nook or not?

I can get the PDF, but I'd be the 3rd on the waiting list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
andrea t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried viewing it with ADE to see if it's a problem with the nook or not?

I can get the PDF, but I'd be the 3rd on the waiting list.
I'm new to this...what is ADE?
Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
ADE - Adobe Digital Editions. It works (to a point) with any compatible device, like the nook or the Sony Readers. You can also download a free application to read the same ebooks on your computer from here.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote