Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Conversion is not working

Ever since I downloaded 6.25., I can't do any conversions. The sand clock keeps on turning forever, but there are no details about the conversion in the info window and there is no conversion done at all! Please help!

I am running Ubuntu 9.10.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I am having this same issue with 9.10. I'm also unable to import books...
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Works fine for me. On vista ultimate X64
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am even unable to download News!

There has to be a real bad regression issue here!

@Slite: This might be a Linux, or more specifically, an Ubuntu issue!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Most likely an Ubuntu issue. Kovid uses Gentoo Linux. I'm just guessing but it appears the IPC is broken on 9.10.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Most likely an Ubuntu issue. Kovid uses Gentoo Linux. I'm just guessing but it appears the IPC is broken on 9.10.
That's bad. I only have Ubuntu, so there is no backup for me available!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Is this with the calibre binary package or the ubuntu package? There haven't been any changes to the IPC code in 0.6.25, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Calibre binary in my case! Should I try the Ubuntu package. I normally install per terminal whenever a new version is ready!
Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Ubuntu package is probably out of date, though. Hang on for a little while, I'm looking into it, if I can replicate the problem, I'll release a fix tonight.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-04-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

No problem. I'm creating some ePubs to convert in the meantime!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm works for me on 64-bit kubuntu karmic
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator

Oh!! What now?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'll try it in a 32-bit Ubuntu install as well.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Works for me in 32bit Ubuntu Karmic as well. First thing to try is make sure your ubuntu is fully updated. Then when you run calibre, check the processes list to see if there are calibre-parallel process running.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator

Okay. I'll check my processes!

I am fully up to date as far as Ubuntu goes! I made the last update yesterday!

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-04-2009 at 01:40 PM.