Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 09:00 PM   #241
SimplyLisa
Nameless Being

I just got a new laptop and I'm getting an error trying to install

calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in u'C:\\Users\\lg***\\Downloads\\EpubMerge-master.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Any guidance?
Thanks
Old 05-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #242
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpaul View Post
I've attached one of the original, individual epub files and also the final merged file which has all 12 songs.
I'm happy to take a look at the problem, but I don't see any attachments on your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyLisa View Post
calibre, version 2.57.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in u'C:\\Users\\lg***\\Downloads\\EpubMerge-master.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
Try again? I just checked, and it installs fine for me.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #243
ericpaul
ericpaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
.epub attachments

Here are the attachments (they were removed temporarily while the moderator verified that I was the actual copyright holder, which I am).

Again, the "Moment By Moment" epub displays fine and full-sized in my ibooks app. "The Clear My Mind Piano Book" epub (after merging the "Moment By Moment" epub with other epub files) displays in a reduced size.

I've also attached the metadata.opf file for "Moment By Moment".

Eric
Attached Files
File Type: epub Moment By Moment - Eric Elder.epub (81.7 KB, 256 views)
File Type: opf metadata.opf (1.1 KB, 428 views)
File Type: epub Clear My Mind Piano Book - Eric Elder.epub (1.20 MB, 270 views)
ericpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #244
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for this plugin. I'm merging some music notation files from Finale, which I've output from Finale as epubs. They merge fine, but the pages of music in the resulting file display much smaller when I view them in the iBooks reader, compared to the size they were displaying in the original epub files (as if the margins have changed, or extra white space has been added all around the music notation).
Quote:
Here are the attachments (they were removed temporarily while the moderator verified that I was the actual copyright holder, which I am).
Your original epub (from Finale) use some EPUB 3.0 features related to fixed layout and (I think) some iBooks specific extensions.

Unfortunately, EpubMerge outputs EPUB 2.0. The fixed layout settings and 'prefix' extensions aren't carried over. And EPUB 3.0 metadata layout has changed enough that it's not a simple matter to copy those settings over.

(There's been discussion again just in the last couple days about why Calibre in general doesn't support with EPUB 3.X. I don't plan to support EPUB 3 until Calibre does.)

Some details of the content.opf:
Spoiler:

Highlighted in red are parts that, if removed, cause the larger margins to appear in iBooks.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" version="3.0" unique-identifier="pub-id" prefix="rendition: http://www.idpf.org/vocab/rendition/# ibooks: http://vocabulary.itunes.apple.com/rdf/ibooks/vocabulary-extensions-1.0/">
  <metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
    <dc:title xml:lang="en">Moment By Moment</dc:title>
    <dc:creator xmlns:ns0="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" ns0:role="aut" ns0:file-as="Elder, Eric">Eric Elder</dc:creator>
    <dc:identifier id="pub-id">/Users/eric/Music/sheetmusic/clearmymind/momentbymoment.epub</dc:identifier>
    <dc:rights>Copyright © 1999 Eric Elder.  </dc:rights>
    <dc:date>2016-05-16T05:00:00+00:00</dc:date>
    <dc:language>en</dc:language>
    <dc:identifier xmlns:ns1="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" ns1:scheme="calibre">893eef27-8265-4190-bd48-ec40a88d3bc8</dc:identifier>
    <meta property="dcterms:modified">2016-05-17T04:07:47Z</meta>
    <!--epub 3.0 fixed layout stuff:-->
    <meta property="rendition:layout">pre-paginated</meta>
    <meta property="rendition:orientation">auto</meta>
    <meta property="rendition:spread">landscape</meta>
    <meta name="calibre:title_sort" content="Moment By Moment"/>
    <meta name="calibre:author_link_map" content="{&quot;Eric Elder&quot;: &quot;&quot;}"/>
  </metadata>
  <manifest>
    <!-- Include EPUB 2 nav compatibility for Kobo 7.2.1 and other readers -->
    <item id="nav" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
    <item id="toc" href="nav.xhtml" properties="nav" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="p001" href="p001.html" properties="svg" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="p002" href="p002.html" properties="svg" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="p003" href="p003.html" properties="svg" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="p004" href="p004.html" properties="svg" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
  </manifest>
  <spine toc="nav">
    <itemref idref="p001"/>
    <itemref idref="p002"/>
    <itemref idref="p003"/>
    <itemref idref="p004"/>
  </spine>
  <!-- Include EPUB 2 guide compatibility for Kobo 7.2.1 and other readers -->
  <guide>
    <reference type="text" href="p001.html"/>
  </guide>
</package>

You might try seeing if Finale can output EPUB 2.0 instead of 3.0. Those might merge better.

Also, as the original copyright holder, I assume you're looking to create an omnibus ebook that you can distribute. EpubMerge is more meant for personal use. For example, EpubMerge output includes: <dc:rights>Copyrights as per source stories</dc:rights>. I won't tell you not to use it, but consider it an 'off-label' use.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #245
ericpaul
ericpaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for finding the source of the problem

Thanks for those answers. I was able to paste in those lines of code into my final document and the pages displayed properly at full size, but of course, that introduced some other errors. I can clearly see, though, that you're right, that Finale is outputting 3.0 epubs, and those codes are getting stripped out to conform to 2.0. Makes total sense.

And yes, I can try to see if Finale can output in 2.0, or perhaps I can still find a way to merge all of my individual song files within Finale, then output it directly from there. So I can see my way forward. Thanks so much!

And thanks for mentioning that epubmerge is more for personal use. I appreciate you graciously pointing that out. Thanks again, as I've been really stumped!

Eric
ericpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2016, 04:25 AM   #246
version365
Enthusiast
version365 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for this great plugin Jim..

Although I am getting a minor problem when used with your other plugin FanFicFare..
I have changed the 'Custom Columns' settings of EpubMerge to use 'Average Value from ALL Source Books'. It works okay when merging two already existing books.
But, when using 'FFF's 'Make Anthology Epub from', the specified custom column doesn't take the average value.. instead, it sums up the values.

Can this be fixed?
version365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #247
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by version365 View Post
Thanks for this great plugin Jim..

Although I am getting a minor problem when used with your other plugin FanFicFare..
I have changed the 'Custom Columns' settings of EpubMerge to use 'Average Value from ALL Source Books'. It works okay when merging two already existing books.
But, when using 'FFF's 'Make Anthology Epub from', the specified custom column doesn't take the average value.. instead, it sums up the values.

Can this be fixed?
????
Epub Merge joins (EPUB) books, no columns involved. The results of the Merge is always a NEW book (entry)

FFF is a separate PI
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #248
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

version365 is correct about EpubMerge.

As a convenience to the user, EpubMerge offers different options to fill the new book's custom columns from the merged books, include averaging numeric columns.

And EpubMerge's functionality is called from FanFicFare when creating anthology books from that plugin.

However, only the low-level functionality (the actual epub file level) of EpubMerge is used by FanFicFare. The higher level functionality (the custom column settings) of EpubMerge are ignored--because they're not relevant. When creating an anthology book in FanFicFare, there are no custom columns for the source epubs because they are not calibre books.

Reviewing the FanFicFare code, anthology metadata are indeed summed before assigning to int or float type custom columns. It's a FanFicFare issue, not an EpubMerge issue.

I'll think about it and see if anything brilliant springs to mind. Continued discussion should be moved to the FanFicFare thread.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #249
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I set it up long ago and only used the most basic of features
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #250
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

It was a pretty esoteric question. :-)
Old 07-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #251
version365
Enthusiast
version365 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'll think about it and see if anything brilliant springs to mind.
Thanks for considering it..
version365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:40 PM   #252
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Error: list index out of range

Hello, I want to say that I love this plug-in and have never had a problem with it, until last night.

I have attached a bug report that indicates the list of range. Generally I know that this means I am trying to fill information in a place that is out of range but I can't see the problems. Maybe because I created new covers for the books? It was the first time that I did that rather than have a Calbre cover automatic download. The books look great, but now I cant merge them. Could you please take a looks and see what I need to change?

Thanks!

Since I cannot for the life of me find that "clipboard" file on the note pad, I am simply copy and paste it here.

calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 2.63 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && FanFicFare (2, 3, 5) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2) && EpubSplit (2, 1, 2) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 12) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && SmartEject (2, 0, 6) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 6) && Overdrive Link (1, 42, 0) && X-Ray Creator (2, 2, 0) && Copy Cover To Device (2, 0, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Goodreads Sync (1, 9, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 2) && Unplugged (1, 0, 0) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && Overdrive Link (1, 42, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 275, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 79, in LoopProgressDialog
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 570, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 162, in do_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 454, in doMerge
IndexError: list index out of range
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #253
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hello, I want to say that I love this plug-in and have never had a problem with it, until last night.

I have attached a bug report that indicates the list of range. Generally I know that this means I am trying to fill information in a place that is out of range but I can't see the problems. Maybe because I created new covers for the books? It was the first time that I did that rather than have a Calbre cover automatic download. The books look great, but now I cant merge them. Could you please take a looks and see what I need to change?

Thanks!

Since I cannot for the life of me find that "clipboard" file on the note pad, I am simply copy and paste it here.

calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 275, in plugin_button
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 79, in LoopProgressDialog
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 570, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 162, in do_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 454, in doMerge
IndexError: list index out of range
I can't tell what the problem is with just the error message. I don't see how that could ever happen.

I'll need to also have the epub files you're trying to merge to figure to figure it out.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:10 PM   #254
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I'll send the epubs via pm.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #255
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version

This is a new test version with a couple changes to more gracefully handle cases where the input epubs have metadata that refer to files that are missing from the zip file.

This is in response to a specific problem that has arisen with FanFicFare anthology books with sub-book covers after Calibre Polish.

UPDATE test version 2016-08-20:

- Add code for handling cover that isn't jpg. Detected by file extension.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-24-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test versions

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs