Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur
P.X. Fort doesn't litterP.X. Fort doesn't litter

Device: JetBook Lite; EeePC 1005HA
Homemade Jetbook Lite cover

I modified a Leather Buisness Card holder purchased from staples fo $12. It is leather and is made by Staples. I could not find it on the Staples web site. I just happened upon it in the store.

I was looking far a case to put the Jetbook Lite in but I deciced that I want a book like cover which is more conducive to reading. I wanted something that would provide some protection during handling can be put in a bag.

I cut out the back of the leather holder to accomodate the battery compartment of the Jetbook Lite. I used fabric rivets to secure the area around the the cutout. I made small cuts on the fabric attached to the leather. These cuts created thin strips that can be lifted and placed over the corners of the Jetbook Lite to hold it in place. The bottom left corner of the Jetbook Lite is attached to the cover by some heavy duty nylon thread. The thread is inserted through the lanyard hole of the Jetbook Lite and fastend to the cover.

I added a leather string/strap which is woven in the binding area of the cover. The string/strap is long enough to wrap around the closed cover and the end is inserted into a small hole in the back corner out of the way.

Anyway I posted this so anyonw with a little desire and time could make one for themselves.

Also I do not need to remove it for a battery change. There is plenty of room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	webfrontebookcover-002.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	43976   Click image for larger version

Name:	web-overallebookcover-004.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	43977   Click image for larger version

Name:	webcloseebookcover-005.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	43978   Click image for larger version

Name:	web-backebookcover-003.jpg
Views:	952
Size:	522.4 KB
ID:	43979  

Last edited by P.X. Fort; 01-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.
P.X. Fort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
that is the best looking jb lite case i have ever seen!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Thanks! It works well. Also, To be honest I got a little tired of people asking me what I had before I put the JBL in this cover. At first, I liked telling people about it. But the few who say "I like the smell and feel of books!" make me want to reply "Then keep an old smelly book around so you can smell it while you read on one of these" But now I don't even turn a head.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.X. Fort View Post
I modified a Leather Buisness Card holder purchased from staples fo $12. It is leather and is made by Staples. I could not find it on the Staples web site. I just happened upon it in the store.

I was looking far a case to put the Jetbook Lite in but I deciced that I want a book like cover which is more conducive to reading. I wanted something that would provide some protection during handling can be put in a bag.

I cut out the back of the leather holder to accomodate the battery compartment of the Jetbook Lite. I used fabric rivets to secure the area around the the cutout. I made small cuts on the fabric attached to the leather. These cuts created thin strips that can be lifted and placed over the corners of the Jetbook Lite to hold it in place. The bottom left corner of the Jetbook Lite is attached to the cover by some heavy duty nylon thread. The thread is inserted through the lanyard hole of the Jetbook Lite and fastend to the cover.

I added a leather string/strap which is woven in the binding area of the cover. The string/strap is long enough to wrap around the closed cover and the end is inserted into a small hole in the back corner out of the way.

Anyway I posted this so anyonw with a little desire and time could make one for themselves.

Also I do not need to remove it for a battery change. Them is plenty of room.
Super!
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Nice job! Would this happen to be the one you used? If so, looks to be very limited.

http://www.mbystaples.com/filing-and...ard-files/213/
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Nice job! Would this happen to be the one you used? If so, looks to be very limited.

http://www.mbystaples.com/filing-and...ard-files/213/
Yes thats the one. Good find.

Limited? Well it worked out for me in the end
Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Yes thats the one. Good find.

Limited? Well it worked out for me in the end
I am glad it worked out for you. Limited in that there are only a few states and cities listed under the "Find stores that carry this product" link.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
I am glad it worked out for you. Limited in that there are only a few states and cities listed under the "Find stores that carry this product" link.
Oh I see; however, I don't think you need to be tied to one product for this project. I'm sure there are similar or better supplies that could get the job done. This is just one concept that uses a cutout for the battery compartment, which was done to determine if it is needed and provides function.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
kirbinster
Enthusiast
kirbinster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Looks nice. I found a CD case at Walmart for about $5 that my wife uses. She keeps it in her purse and just takes the Jetbook out to read and zips it back in when done.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
P.X. Fort
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
Looks nice. I found a CD case at Walmart for about $5 that my wife uses. She keeps it in her purse and just takes the Jetbook out to read and zips it back in when done.
Thats what I was going to do as well. Whats nice is that the JBL is not expensive so that its fun to be frugal with the case!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #11
wackywalt
wackywalt began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook Lite
I agree, nice case and no zipper to have to deal with.
wackywalt is offline   Reply With Quote