Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2022, 09:35 PM   #1
jmgant108
jmgant108 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
news tags not creating kobo shelves

I have set up the kobo driver to create shelves based on book tags. so far, it works very well. however, in my never ending quest to organize calibre news, I began assigning a "news" tag under Extra Tags for each news source. those tags show in the Calibre library, but they do not create the corresponding shelves on the kobo.

any tips?
jmgant108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Is "Extra Tags" a custom column? Have you added that to this to the list of column in the "Collections column" field of the driver configuration. Are the collections for the tags column still being created?

If the configuration seems to be correct, run calibre in debug mode, connect the device and post the full debug log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
jmgant108
jmgant108 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
it is not a custom column. it is a native field present in calibre when setting up the news source.
jmgant108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgant108 View Post
it is not a custom column. it is a native field present in calibre when setting up the news source.
In that case, you will need to explain more about what you are doing. I don't use news, so I have no idea what the "Extra tags" is and where it goes. Does it go to the tags column or somewhere else?

And the debug log will show me a lot and might explain it. To give some more clues, in the driver configuration, put the name of the book you that should get the collection in "Title to test when debugging" field on the "Metadata, on device & advanced" tab of the driver configuration. You don't need the full title, just enough to match. I think the news downloads have a date in them, so you should be able to use the name up to the date.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote