Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Which one should I sell?

I've got a Sony 350 in a lighted case, a K4 in a slipcover case, and my beloved K3. I'm seriously thinking about a Paperwhite (I've seen one, and can live with the shadows along the bottom of the screen). The one I saw didn't have the color blooms, and compared to it, my K3 just looked... dirty. I've got a small freelance gig that will pay me enough (probably just barely) to get the PW+3G-SO and the nifty Amazon case that turns it on when you open the case.

I have a friend who would like to buy my Sony350, but I'm not sure I want to sell it. I *think* I'd like to keep one native epub reader, although I can't think why, because I use Calibre and The Tools, so conversion isn't an issue.

My husband and son both have k4s. I got the extra K4 because I got it at a good deal and my daughter might want one someday - although I don't know for sure, because she's an artist and is into books as art forms as much as she is into reading them. Still, some day she may decide she wants to try it.

I think I may want to keep the K3, because I can use Calibre to set up collections in it, and there doesn't seem to be a way to automate collections on the PW, nor are there plans for somebody to figure out how to do that - and I adore the Kindle Collections plugin for my k3.

But I can't really justify having the 350, a k4, AND a k3 as extra ereaders. But I really don't know which one I should sell.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

<deleted>
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The K4 is the device that the PW is probably the most direct replacement for. Keeping things because someone may "some day" want it seems unwise; this is a rapidly changing market, and "some day" may never happen. If your daughter wants to look at a K4 she is presumably capable of going to a store and looking at one for herself .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I agree with Harry that the K4 is probably the one to sell. It's the one made most redundant IMO.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

That makes sense. The K4 goes. Thanks!
Advert
Old 10-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Also, the K4B is much improved over the K4S, so even if she may want one later, she could buy the K4B and thus get a better device.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard

I'm pretty sure the one we have is either black or dark gray. It's definitely not silver.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm pretty sure the one we have is either black or dark gray. It's definitely not silver.
Silver is the way some MR users reference it. It's last year's model, versus this year's black one.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
If it's last year model. I would sell it. This year's model has improved contrast and lighter background. I can't sell mine due to the stains on back and poor contrast but I have the this year's model which I am in totally in love with, My K3 which I just compenscated back from Hubby and my Kindle Fire.

I have plans to get either KFHD or PW soon. My K4S will just sit around.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The PW made my Touch redundant, so I gave it away. I'm keeping my K3, I have instances where the buttons are preferable to a touch screen.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote