Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-30-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
[Kobo] CorruptError

I am using Kobo Libra 2 with software 4.34.20097. When connecting via PC to Calibre I get the following error message, I am able to import books, when using the e-book reader some imported books have gone back to 'Unread' status despite having previously been read.

I suspect that it may be an error with the Kobo Libra 2, I can factory reset, but I thought it would be worthwhile checking in with the forum in the first instance.

calibre, version 6.6.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 540, in _books
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2027, in books
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

TIA
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 04:55 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Trying signing out and signing in before trying the factory reset. That should replace your corrupted database with a new copy and then import any sideloaded books.

I would suggest setting up backup for your Kobo database in the configuration for the Kobo Utilities plugin to help with future database corruption.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 05:25 AM   #3
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thanks, David, that has solved the problem!
I have also installed the Kobo Utilities plugin which I was unaware of, so, good job all round.

Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote