Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
Yog
Yog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Question Kindle 2 Why Did the Whispernet Connection Dissapear?

I got Kindle 2 on Friday July 2 2010. When I opened the package it was in Sleeping Mode, with a full screen image on the display. Once I woke it from its Sleep Mode, I got the message that read something like that “The battery is too low to power the Whispernet. You must recharge your battery to restore wireless service.” So I recharged the device, until the Indicator Charger Light turned from yellow to green.

Then I tested access to the Internet by browsing Wikipedia for a bit and searching for random stuff on Google. Whispernet worked fine.

I left the device in Sleeping Mode and did not use it for 4 days. When woke it up from the Sleeping Mode on Tuesday July 6, the battery was low again. I recharged it again.

Now the battery is full, but the signal strengths bars show are empty. The manual says that it means “the wireless signal strength is too low to connect.” The troubleshooting guide on Amazon said to Restart the device. I did that a couple of times, but it did not improve the situation. Then I went ahead and did the “Reset to Factory Defaults.” This also did not do anything, except erase my registration information off the device.

At this point I ran out of ideas on how to fix the wireless connection. Does anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know what the solution is?

Last edited by Yog; 07-07-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: The title for this topic should be a question not a statement.
Yog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
At this point, if your unit is fully charged, I'd recommend calling Amazon Kindle CS

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/conta...kip=true#csTop

This is a link to describe your problem and have them call you about it.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
are you in an area that is notorious for bad cell reception? did you leave Whispernet on even though you weren't using the device? that is the biggest drain on the battery. charge it up again. go to different places in your house, be patient! sometimes it takes me up to 5 minutes to connect where I live! if it still doesn't work, call Amazon support. they are VERY good!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I am in Toronto, too, but not experiencing Whispernet troubles. In face, I was busy demonstrating for a friend out of town just last night and fired up the browser.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
bzImage
Enthusiast
bzImage doesn't litterbzImage doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Same thing here Kindle 2 just lost the wireless signal after 1 month of no use, now its fully charged but with no signal, my cell phone has full bars the kindle none..
bzImage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, internet, kindle 2, signal strength bar, whispernet