Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
danviento
danviento began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony prs-505
Exclamation Calibre 0.5.14 on Mac - Weird Send to PRS-505 Result?

Since I'm a Mac user and a PPC Mac user in particular, Calibre is the only real library app that can communicate with my Sony PRS-505. I've only gotten it in gear in the last week or so, making it inevitable that something would pop up that I just can't wrap my head around.

In my library, I've got actual PDF books, all text and vectorized graphics, which work well enough on the PRS. The library also contains a number of my own books - old paperbacks that I rescued before the bindings fell apart completely, and then did a mass scan into one PDF file thanks to the wonderful Fujitsu ScanSnap 3000m. PDFs like these, and any others I edit with an app. like Apple's 'Preview' get the result you'll see in the attached image once they're on the reader.

Their metadata reads just fine in Calibre, and I can find them via their series name on the reader, but once they're on the device, all I can see on the device screen is a bunch of boxes, and all I can see in calibre are the chinese? characters you see in the image. WTF? Somewhere along the transfer lines, something isn't translating, or rather, IS translating for one reason or another.

Does anyone know the WHY behind the issue?

Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...sadd1/help.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Odd Characters.jpg
Views:	1078
Size:	420.3 KB
ID:	32425  
danviento is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505, translating?, wierd characters