Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Who can write for Kindle Singles...

...anybody or just authors called by Amazon?
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
do you mean self publishing at Amazon? anyone can do it. that's no guarantee to being accepted though
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
It appears you need to contact Amazon via email regarding Kindle Singles. There is an article with a contact email here:

http://www.suite101.com/content/amaz...ingles-a338433
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Thanks for the answers, it seems so interesting, but there was one part in their PR that left me thinking. I wonder how much Singles there will be.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Histerius
Zealot

Just to bring this thread to a conclusive end here's the answer from Amazon, if anyone is interested:

"You can certainly publish your book for Kindle singles. There are no restrictions to any publishers from publishing for the Kindle singles program.
Please find more information regarding publishing your book on Kindle singles here:

1. Publish your work in the Kindle Store using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). The tips below should help you get started:
a. Watch our "How to Publish to Kindle" video, which shows a real-time experience of publishing a book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltScSWVLQLk
b. Read our step-by-step publishing instructions available at http://forums.kindledirectpublishing...?externalID=33
Please contact kdp-support@amazon.com if you have any questions with the publishing process.

2. Once the book is published in the Kindle Store (usually takes around 24-48 hours), please send the below information to kindle-singles@amazon.com:
a. Your KDP account e-mail address
b. The published book’s ASIN. The book ASIN can be found in “Product Details” section of your book in the Amazon Kindle Store.

If your work is accepted as a Kindle Single, you will be notified by email about any other further steps, and your book will be made available in the Singles section of the Kindle Store. Even if your work is not accepted, it will still be available to all Kindle customers in the Kindle store for as long as you make it available through your KDP account."
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
That's really useful info, Histerius. Many thanks for posting it!
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Histerius
Zealot

Are you starting to write for Singles? :-)
Old 02-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #8
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Not myself, no (at least, no plans to do so at the moment ) but I work freelance with indie authors, formatting books for publication as ebooks and helping them with advice and info, and get asked questions about stuff like this. (I also just like to know things. ) I've been trawling for more info on the steps people need to take to get into the Singles program, and you've just provided way more info than I've managed to find anywhere else, including Amazon's own website. So thank you!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
Histerius
Zealot

"I work freelance... formatting books for publication as ebooks" Well, if I knew that we are competitors, I wouldn't post this! Just kidding, of course It takes some time to get the right answer from Amazon but being journalist in heart I'm sending questions until I get the answer
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind

lol!

But in that case, even more karma to you for sharing the info. I know there'll be many authors who will find it invaluable.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
Histerius
Zealot

We are planning a new service (ebooks, singles and stuff) and I needed that info, and when I got it I post it here. There are many ways to fight competition, keeping information for myself is not one of them That's how I see things.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
There are many ways to fight competition, keeping information for myself is not one of them That's how I see things.
Me too.