Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
iblesq
iblesq began at the beginning.

Device: none
RegEx find and replace

Task: find all strings (in html view), containing "XXX</p>", where XXX - any character, partial string, etc, but not ".</p>"; add an extra line break after </p> (but not after .</p>).

I need to use RegEx in "find and replace" dialog. I found the proper RegEx for searching - ([^\.](</p>)), but i cannot just add after the string I found a new string - <br/>, in the dialog, i.e. it just replace THE WHOLE string with what is written in "replace" field. in other words, the "replace with " field doesn't support RegEx.

Any ideas how just add something new (new string) using "find and replace" and RegEx?

Thanks.
iblesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by iblesq View Post
Task: find all strings (in html view), containing "XXX</p>", where XXX - any character, partial string, etc, but not ".</p>"; add an extra line break after </p> (but not after .</p>).

I need to use RegEx in "find and replace" dialog. I found the proper RegEx for searching - ([^\.](</p>)), but i cannot just add after the string I found a new string - <br/>, in the dialog, i.e. it just replace THE WHOLE string with what is written in "replace" field. in other words, the "replace with " field doesn't support RegEx.

Any ideas how just add something new (new string) using "find and replace" and RegEx?

Thanks.
This should work.. Not tested

Minimal Match, (do not match case)

Find: ([a-z"]</p>)
Replace: \1<br />

I included a straight quote for phrases that end that way. remove if not wanted.
match a thru z or quote and a close p tag
replace with what we found and a <br />
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
find and replace, regex, sigil