Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Modified Cover

Hi -

I walk to work, about a mile, and I read on my PB360 while walking. To be honest - it amazes me that I haven’t hurt myself yet while walking and reading ... but that’s not why I’m posting.

Unfortunately, my hands and fingers sweat while holding the PB360 and, other than not liking the sensation, I fear that I may accidentally drop the device as it slips around in my hands (I don’t like the wrist band). So, I modified the cover.

I took an old, black T-shirt and double sided paper and taped some cloth to the cover after drawing out a design that [kind of] matches the form of the PB360. The tape makes it so I could (can?) remove the cloth should I tire of it or it gets dirty and needs replacing. It does come off easily - but not so easily that the corners peel. I used double sided sticky paper from a craft store.

I’ve attached pictures in case anyone’s interested in what I did. It doesn’t look totally awesome (maybe if I wasn’t so conservative and used brighter, happier patterns ... ?) - but it does work. And that’s the point, yeah? The cloth absorbs my sweat, I don’t have to feel the slippery plastic and I feel I can keep a firmer grip on the PB360.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested.

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover.JPG
Views:	438
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	53223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover2.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	53224  
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The idea is great! In a more forward-thinking fashion, someone could simply cover the upper side of the... well, of the cover :P with a carpet-like cloth which can absorb the sweat. And putting nice patterns on the carpet shouldn't be hard to do.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
rubber grip

So far I think my EB1150 which had a nice rubber grip pad on the side and back. I did not feel like I would drop it. Perhaps a later Pocketbook will incorporate something along the similar lines.

I have not dropped my PB 360 while reading it, now while carrying it is another story. But I have not managed to break it yet! Which is a good sign!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Hi guys!

We developed a new cover for PB360.
You can see it here
http://www.pocketgoods.de/Premium-Co...ocketbook-360/

The cover is made of a first-class genuine leather and feels really cushy in your hand..
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Hi guys!

We developed a new cover for PB360.
You can see it here
http://www.pocketgoods.de/Premium-Co...ocketbook-360/

The cover is made of a first-class genuine leather and feels really cushy in your hand..
Those are beautiful, just the thing I was hoping would happen before I am able to get mine. When will it be available in the US?

P.S. Mickey, yours is nice, too.
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
And you can clip a night light to the back of the cover.
Looks good.
Yes, US availability and pricing would be of interest.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
And you can clip a night light to the back of the cover.
Looks good.
Yes, US availability and pricing would be of interest.
Currently you can order it directly from Germany only.
Shipping - 16 EUR..
Old 06-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Currently you can order it directly from Germany only.
Shipping - 16 EUR..
39 euro for the cover + 16 euro for shipping? That's an awful lot -- $67! I think the cover is lovely, but that's 28% of the device cost.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plus, if it comes via FedEx they add a US$15 charge on top.
It does look nice, but not *that* nice.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Don't get me wrong ... I think that cover is beautiful (both in make and in function).

But.

In my opinion, it negates the whole idea of the PB360's portability. When I owned other readers, I got a cover only to protect the screen. While I was at it, I got nice covers because I figured I might as well have something attractive. But, covers bulk up the reader, which cuts into my reason to have a reader - less bulk and easy to hold. As someone said here on MobileRead: I like my ereaders "naked." They are just more comfortable to use.

So, while I admit the cover shown here is a pretty thing - I'll stick with the ingenious cover that comes with the PB360. It's light, attaches to the back so I don't have to worry about where to put it, it's functional, attractive and, most importantly, it gets the heck out of my way while I'm reading.

YMMV.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Plus, it's paid for.

I like the hard cover; it lets me safely carry the PB380 in my front pants pocket.
Very practical.
The leather binder above is nice and it would probably still fit in my pocket.
But I'll have to wait until a more local source appears.

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
PocketGoods
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Plus, if it comes via FedEx they add a US$15 charge on top.
It does look nice, but not *that* nice.
It comes with DHL and, as I know, they do not add any extra costs.

If you order two or three - it is still 16EUR for shipping.
But, if you order four ore more - we will deliver it to USA or Canada for free.