Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
infoquake123
infoquake123 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
PDF conversion problems

I'm converting a couple of thosand pdf files to epub format. Most of them convert fine and within 30s but for some reason some of them take a very long time . Some of the files have not converted even after 1 hour. I have to manually stop the conversion on that particular pdf so that the rest of the pdf conversion can carry on. I understand that pdfs can take a long time but is it normal for some pdfs to take an hour or longer to convert ?

Also as the rest of the pdfs will not convert till that particular pdf has converted, is there any setting that i can use to get calibre to move on to converting the next file if the current file has not converted after a fixed amount of time, e.g 5 mins ?
infoquake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by infoquake123 View Post
I'm converting a couple of thosand pdf files to epub format. Most of them convert fine and within 30s but for some reason some of them take a very long time . Some of the files have not converted even after 1 hour. I have to manually stop the conversion on that particular pdf so that the rest of the pdf conversion can carry on. I understand that pdfs can take a long time but is it normal for some pdfs to take an hour or longer to convert ?
I've seen conversions take days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoquake123 View Post
Also as the rest of the pdfs will not convert till that particular pdf has converted, is there any setting that i can use to get calibre to move on to converting the next file if the current file has not converted after a fixed amount of time, e.g 5 mins ?
No.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote