Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
over the counter

I'm in Australia and a friend was going to visit the US in April (NY) and he was going to try and buy a Nook for me while he was there.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Nook was finally available over the counter in the store or is there still a waiting period for them??
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
tsantsa
tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none yet
I'll let you know. I plan on going to a B&N today to look at one. I don't plan to buy but I can ask if they have them in stock.
tsantsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
CandyNJ66
Enthusiast
CandyNJ66 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
They are not in stock otherwise I would have bought one today.
CandyNJ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
TogTogTogTog
TogTogTogTog began at the beginning.

They will be in stock shortly. Around the 14th I hear over the grapevine.
TogTogTogTog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
AZMerf
AZMerf began at the beginning.

Device: nook (Feb 12)
It's got to be soon. I put in my online order January 18th with a February 12 delivery. It was sent on Feb 1 and I got it on the 2nd (my birthday!). I would say the rumors of it being in the stores soon is more true than not.
AZMerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
evan2000
evan2000 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
I'm in Australia and a friend was going to visit the US in April (NY) and he was going to try and buy a Nook for me while he was there.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the Nook was finally available over the counter in the store or is there still a waiting period for them??
I got mine at the B&N located on East 86th St off Lex in NYC

They had a ton!
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
CandyNJ66
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I got mine at the B&N located on East 86th St off Lex in NYC

They had a ton!
Excuse me? They have them in NYC? No wonder I see lots of ppl on craigslist NYC selling them.

I'm def going to NYC tomorrow morning, it will take me 2 hrs by bus but I'm doing it!

Last edited by CandyNJ66; 02-06-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
CandyNJ66
Enthusiast

oh lord it's only 10 degrees and can't imagine how cold it will be in NYC! I'm probably going to be crying as I wait for the bus cuz of the cold but I will bundle up. I can only pray that the 2 stores that are supposed to have them really do. Since it takes almost 2 hrs to get to NYC, I'm not about to wait until 10 am to ask, I gotta catch the bus so that I am in NYC by that time. Last night they did so cross your fingers for me.