Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #121
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
The problem is when you put all Frenchies on the same batch !
It's reminding me of the caricature of the french with a bottle of red wine, French bread under the arm and a beret at the top of the head !
I don't drink wine, and haven't got a beret too...

If you want to discuss about software people, now, I can mention a US one, that has problems with dates and bugs, too... You see which one I mean ?
It begins with Mi and ends with Crosoft !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 AM   #122
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
This has taken a wrong turn. Please, stop insulting each other. We're all on the same boat.
I honestly don't want to hear another word on French and American mutual antipathies and stereotypes. Here we all are READERS and book ENTHUSIASTS.

Last edited by Abelturd; 03-28-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: multiple typos,aargh
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #123
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Oh, some company do works on Saturday. Lot of them. Bookeen is too small for that. (French law say two days of rest per week.)
But then, i phoned bookeen at 19h30 in the evening, expecting to get an answering machine telling me the opening time, but then, i got an actual person.

They probably receive a lots of support E-mail. you know, i do support at work too, and forgeting E-mails happens, even with the best of intentions. However doing support might also be doing other stuff, thus, also have other things on his mind.

Quote:
if your e-mails sent to Bookeen are in line with your comments here, it's no wonder you get no replies
That too.

I'm surprised at how some say bookeen's support is bad, because they where quite effective in solving my problem. I guess it's a bit of the "unhappy people are more vocal than the happy one" symptom.

Quote:
People visiting the forum may read all opinions, and form better one of their own. If they only read peans, and niceties how they can have a true picture?
True, but you can speak about problem without insulting anyone. There is a big difference between saying "I had a problem with support taking a long time to answer" (true fact) "support is crap" (Not necessaryly true, because based on one experience).

What did you mailled them about by the way ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #124
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Oh, some company do works on Saturday. Lot of them. Bookeen is too small for that. (French law say two days of rest per week.)
But then, i phoned bookeen at 19h30 in the evening, expecting to get an answering machine telling me the opening time, but then, i got an actual person.

They probably receive a lots of support E-mail. you know, i do support at work too, and forgeting E-mails happens, even with the best of intentions. However doing support might also be doing other stuff, thus, also have other things on his mind.

That too.

I'm surprised at how some say bookeen's support is bad, because they where quite effective in solving my problem. I guess it's a bit of the "unhappy people are more vocal than the happy one" symptom.

True, but you can speak about problem without insulting anyone. There is a big difference between saying "I had a problem with support taking a long time to answer" (true fact) "support is crap" (Not necessaryly true, because based on one experience).

What did you mailled them about by the way ?
Quote:
This has taken a wrong turn. Please stop insulting each other. We're all on the same boat.
I honestly don't want to hear another word of French and American mutual antipathies and stereotypes. Here we all are READERS and book ENTHUSIASTS.
Quite true.

dki, you should go on work in France for a while. you'll see the reality don't match what you think it is.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #125
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
This has taken a wrong turn.
Very true.

I apologise if I contributed to that - and I believe I did.

Last edited by nelsonescorcio; 03-28-2009 at 07:06 AM.
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #126
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonescorcio View Post
(if your e-mails sent to Bookeen are in line with your comments here, it's no wonder you get no replies).
If a company refuse to answer upset customers than I really do not want to buy things from that company. I do not see how you can defend that behavior.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #127
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, that do not happen if you are professional about it. You use some software to keep track of all support email and make sure you do not forget about them. That is especially important if you are a small company since then as you say people do other stuff also.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #128
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, that do not happen if you are professional about it. You use some software to keep track of all support email and make sure you do not forget about them. That is especially important if you are a small company since then as you say people do other stuff also.
Yup. I've taken the habit of flagging support e-mail.when they come by. But outlook is pretty much crap for this.

Quote:
If a company refuse to answer upset customers than I really do not want to buy things from that company. I do not see how you can defend that behavior.
That really depends of the kind of E-mail.
Their jobs is to help people, but being insulted. Problems can get frustrating, and your words are sometimes harsher than need be in than situation; that need to be taken in account. But it's no excuse to being impolite.
If the person is upset, ok. But if he or she is rude or insulting, I can understand not responding to e-mails.
When my screen got broken, i was upset, but i didn't insult the people at bookeen. i didn't insult the people at pixmania either when my Mp3's player hard drive was found defective. Both problems got solved.

The person at the other end is usually not responsible for your problems.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-28-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #129
nelsonescorcio
Zealot
nelsonescorcio doesn't litternelsonescorcio doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
I can. But it depends. If someone e-mails a company saying "You stink. I hope you go down, fast." - then there is not much to say, is there? And these e-mail are not uncommon - I can garantee you. The costumer is really insulting, not asking for help.

The thing is, the costumer has rights, alright. But not every rights...

So I was clearly refering to insulting e-mails.
nelsonescorcio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #130
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yup. I've taken the habit of flagging support e-mail.when they come by. But outlook is pretty much crap for this.
If you use bugzilla or some issue tracking program these problem will be avoided.

At our work the the support people (maye 4-8 persons) started using bugzilla or a similar program and the difference in perceived support level was very big. You get confirmation mail that your email have been received. And since the system probably nags the support people you get response much faster than you did before they introduced this system. And I cannot remember that any of my support emails have been forgotten.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #131
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
If you use bugzilla or some issue tracking program these problem will be avoided.

At our work the the support people (maye 4-8 persons) started using bugzilla or a similar program and the difference in perceived support level was very big. You get confirmation mail that your email have been received. And since the system probably nags the support people you get response much faster than you did before they introduced this system. And I cannot remember that any of my support emails have been forgotten.
When you have 4-8 person, yeah, bug traker gets usefull, if not vital, to note down what's been done or not. In our case, we have one person doing support, so it wouldn't be of much help. it's up to you to remember what you've done or not.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #132
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
When you have 4-8 person, yeah, bug traker gets usefull, if not vital, to note down what's been done or not. In our case, we have one person doing support, so it wouldn't be of much help. it's up to you to remember what you've done or not.
I think this is wrong. It is very useful even if only one person is doing support. If it is up to one person to remember to do everything and not misplace emails then things will be forgotten.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #133
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
I think this is wrong. It is very useful even if only one person is doing support. If it is up to one person to remember to do everything and not misplace emails then things will be forgotten.
It would be easy to forget puting things in the bug traker, and the result in the end is just the same.
Flagging the e-mail on outlook is just a clik, so you do it even if you're too busy to take care of the problem on the moment. I don't think i've been forgetting e-mails since then. We don't have that much e-mails for support. The main point for not not forgeting things is order.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-28-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #134
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It would be easy to forget puting things in the bug traker, and the result in the end is just the same.
It is put automatically in the tracker when the email arrives. And an confirmation email is sent automatically.

Also if one support issue takes 10 emails you need support to group it together.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #135
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
It is put automatically in the tracker when the email arrives. And an confirmation email is sent automatically.

Also if one support issue takes 10 emails you need support to group it together.
Yeah, confirmation e-mails are a nice thing. Bookeen don't have one, lead me to calling them "hey was my e-mail received ?"

Tags
cybook, firmware, upgrade