Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #1
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Question Charger and Cover for Inkpad 840

My apologies if this topic is already up and I missed it in my search...

I just purchased an 840 via eBay.

Cannot seem to find any info on a charger for it which appears to be an option and not included. I know I can charge it from my computer via the USB cable which takes much longer.

Also, will be looking for a case as they also appear scarce.

Preferably USA sources or very reliable overseas source.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Have already d/l the manual and the v 4.4 software from the Pocketbook site and have the software downgrading instructions bookmarked.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've charged mine with a 5V/2A adapter that came with a cell phone; it seemed to work fine.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #3
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I have an LG charger for my LG G3 that is 5V/1.8A with a mini-USB plug on one end of the power cable. Would that do the trick without damaging the unit?
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The voltage and current are probably fine, but I'm not sure about the connector. It looks like the Inkpad has a micro USB slot.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
p38lightning
Zealot

The LG power cable does use the the micro USB end so all looks good for now.

Thanks.
Advert
Old 04-21-2015, 01:31 AM   #6
xeeshjuli
xeeshjuli began at the beginning.

Device: none
The power cable. Would that do the trick without damaging the unit?

[Signature line deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-05-2015 at 09:58 AM.
xeeshjuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #7
p38lightning
Zealot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeshjuli View Post
The power cable. Would that do the trick without damaging the unit?

[Signature line deleted - MODERATOR]
Yes. I have two sets of chargers and cables with micro usb ends from LG. They are both identical with one having come with my LG G3 and the with the LG gPad 8.3. Depending on which room I am in, I use either one for charging the Powerbook 840 with absolutely no problems. Cable alone works for connecting with my PC desktop (primarily to load books) and the unit will also charge while hooked up to the PC.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-05-2015 at 09:59 AM.