Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #676
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I can't reproduce that with firmware 3.18.0 on my Glo.

That has been a problem with KePubs (not just sideloaded ones) for a very long time, it happens with certain other non-ascii characters such as ellipses too, and seems to happen when the character is used as a word-joiner and full justification is active. Only workaround is probably to edit the book and add spaces either side of the character, or to use the ePub reader instead. (This is one of the main reasons I prefer ePubs to KePubs.)
Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:28 AM   #677
Devlar
Enthusiast
Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Pan flickering

I haven't seen this one yet, but I only got about half way through the massive bug list thread.

Product: Kobo Aura H20
Firmware: 3.18.0
Plugins: None
File types: PDF
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Sideloaded I guess.
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open Pdf
  2. Zoom Pdf
  3. Pan, it pans normally
  4. Sleep the device with the power button
  5. Wake up the device, with the same power button
  6. Pan
  7. Get strobe light panning
Current result: Device flickers black and white while you're panning, which is not the normal pan behavior
Workaround: Go back to main menu, reopen pdf, zoom in and pan normally. Pretty much don't let the device go to sleep while a pdf is open. Kind of kills the sleep feature.
Devlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #678
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlar View Post
Current result: Device flickers black and white while you're panning, which is not the normal pan behavior
Workaround: Go back to main menu, reopen pdf, zoom in and pan normally. Pretty much don't let the device go to sleep while a pdf is open. Kind of kills the sleep feature.
Well it only "kills the sleep feature" if you reading a PDF, have zoomed in and want to pan around the image. I suspect that combination explains why no-one has noticed and reported it.

In any case, from some testing here, this is probably another symptom of the extra flashing after sleep that is in 3.18.0. That should be fixed in the next firmware release. And, before the end of the year is all I know.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #679
Devlar
Enthusiast
Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Devlar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Well it only "kills the sleep feature" if you reading a PDF, have zoomed in and want to pan around the image. I suspect that combination explains why no-one has noticed and reported it.
I bought an ebook reader mainly to read academic articles and books, I can't be the only one who did that right? I talked to Kobo's support and they hadn't heard about it before.

Extra flashing after sleep, got it. Thanks for the awareness of the bug. ^____^
Devlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 01:43 AM   #680
ABAPKobo
ABAPKobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B + N905B
Post Touch N905B UI problems

Product: Kobo Touch N905B
Firmware: 3.19.5613 and 3.19.5761

Steps to reproduce:
  1. (Optional) Factory reset a Kobo Touch N905B
  2. Update the firmware by Wi-Fi, Kobo Desktop or manually to either 3.19.5613 or 3.19.5761
Current result: Black setup and language screens, Overlapping text within the user interface, wrong font styling and positioning on UI elements, general instability causing hanging or powering off.
Workaround: Factory reset and manually upgrade to firmware 18.0 or lower.

Note: this bug is affecting at least two devices. More information is available in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3232469
ABAPKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2016, 10:32 AM   #681
xhlxm
xhlxm began at the beginning.

Device: kobo 905B
My Kobo Touch N905B use iMX507,not iMX508,should be referred to as the Low Cost - N905B Model,use Mark3 firmware 3.xx allways flip over to wait dozens of seconds,also found that USB write speed is only 1.6 M/S.
xhlxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:28 AM   #682
TheZephyr
TheZephyr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Device doesn't wake up, it gets stuck in the sleep image.

Product: Kobo Glo HD
Firmware: 3.19.5761
Plugins: None
File types: Kepub / epub (i guess it doesn't matter)
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Sideloaded
On external SD: No
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Put the device to sleep
  2. Try to wake it up with the hardware button.
Current result: It doesn't happen always, about once every 5 o 6 sleep/wake cycles.
Workaround: Reboot the device holding down the hardware button a few seconds.
TheZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:16 AM   #683
duraton
duraton began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 and Kobo Glo
No

it is not the place i wanted to post that!

Last edited by duraton; 02-18-2016 at 05:17 AM. Reason: it is not the place i wanted to post that!
duraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #684
Ethanaul
Ethanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Alignement troubles

Hello there,

I noticed it sometimes modify the viewing : I have some books whith texts centered and when I'm in justification or left alignement enabled, they are on the left of my screen.

Here are some examples:

Justification disabled (rendering ok, as expected seeing the CSS):

Left alignement:

Justify:
Ethanaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:53 PM   #685
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanaul View Post
Hello there,

I noticed it sometimes modify the viewing : I have some books whith texts centered and when I'm in justification or left alignement enabled, they are on the left of my screen.
I think that is working as designed. The issue is understanding what those options mean. The first one means "Use whatever is in the book". And if it isn't specified in the book, it will be some default. The second and third are "Override what the book has and use this one". As far as I can tell, the book is displayed correctly for the latter two options.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:53 PM   #686
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think that is working as designed. The issue is understanding what those options mean. The first one means "Use whatever is in the book". And if it isn't specified in the book, it will be some default. The second and third are "Override what the book has and use this one". As far as I can tell, the book is displayed correctly for the latter two options.
It would be interesting to see the css and html code, though. In my books, I always define text-align:center on the paragraph level, and that isn't overridden by setting text-align to left or justified on the device.

It might be a kepub thing though. Ethernaul, do you use kepubs or regular epubs?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:04 AM   #687
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It would be interesting to see the css and html code, though. In my books, I always define text-align:center on the paragraph level, and that isn't overridden by setting text-align to left or justified on the device.

It might be a kepub thing though. Ethernaul, do you use kepubs or regular epubs?
Yes, seeing the code is probably needed to be sure. And there is a difference between epub and kepub. It's been mentioned recently here.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #688
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes, seeing the code is probably needed to be sure. And there is a difference between epub and kepub. It's been mentioned recently here.
Thanks for that link. Another reason not to use those bloody kepubs...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:16 AM   #689
Ethanaul
Ethanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blueEthanaul can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for all your answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I use kepub (calibre export), I'll try with the epub and check if it does the same thing.
Ethanaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #690
Jukets
Jukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to beholdJukets is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo glo
The Device doesn't wake up, it gets stuck in the sleep image

Product: Glo
Firmware: 3.19.5761 current (and all 3.xx), worked fine with 2.8.1
Plugins: none (with plugins too)
File types: epub (doesnt matter)
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks: Sideloaded
On external SD: no
Steps to reproduce:
  1. Go to sleep by sleepcover or hardware button
Current result: Glo doesnt wake up by any button, even reset.
Workaround: Connect the device to power or PC
Video: https://yadi.sk/i/UI_QvxdQrZApe
Jukets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app