Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you change or sell your current iPad to get the iPad3?
Yes 52 37.68%
No 60 43.48%
Maybe, need to see it in action. 26 18.84%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #136
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Not to mention it was the first viable consumer-oriented tablet. I know a lot of folks complain about the price of the iPad but before the iPad was released, you're lucky if you can buy a tablet for $1,000.
Great point!
I've been purchasing tablets since the early 90s. All along, no matter what OS the tablet used, they were basically $1000+ devices. The ones that were built for the medical profession and/or inventory usage were normally several thousand dollars. Uninformed complainers act as if Apple is overcharging at $500, but those of us who've been around know what an extreme bargain the iPad actually is!
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #137
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I'm going to sell my iPad (1) and get a new iPad (3), but I'm going to sell it to one of my kids for $50-$100. Does that still count?
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #138
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
I just had the battery on my iPad 1/32 GB Wifi replaced for EUR 100 when it stopped working.

Granted, it would have been tempting to go for the new one, but... I'll have to wait a bit more.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #139
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I still haven't succumbed to the lure and am keeping my iPad 2 for now. But a few days ago I heard about rumors of a 5 inch iThingie. Now that would be truly tempting...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #140
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I still haven't succumbed to the lure and am keeping my iPad 2 for now. But a few days ago I heard about rumors of a 5 inch iThingie. Now that would be truly tempting...
I doubt there is going to be any 5in ithingie. I think you are in a good position keeping the iPad 2. There is nothing wrong with it & is still a great device.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #141
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I doubt there is going to be any 5in ithingie. I think you are in a good position keeping the iPad 2. There is nothing wrong with it & is still a great device.
Well the rumors don't seem very reliable, but I would be interested. Anyway yes, the iPad 2 is a great device, I'm still very happy with it. Maybe next year I'll get an iPad 4, or 2013, or whatever they call it. Unless I get tired of filling up my 16 Gb and decide to upgrade before that...
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #142
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataliecandy View Post
i prefer ipad3 than 2.
Interesting

Do you mind telling us why, Natalie?

Thanks,
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #143
cliq
Nameless Being

would be also interested in knowing why Natalie
Old 06-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #144
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I have a first generation iPad and don't plan to upgrade until I retire unless Apple introduces new models without cameras. Cameras are forbidden where I work, and I could get in major trouble for bringing one in. As soon as I retire, though, I'll probably buy the all-new iPad 10 with real 3D counter-top projection and direct cranial interface input options.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #145
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have a first generation iPad and don't plan to upgrade until I retire unless Apple introduces new models without cameras. Cameras are forbidden where I work, and I could get in major trouble for bringing one in. As soon as I retire, though, I'll probably buy the all-new iPad 10 with real 3D counter-top projection and direct cranial interface input options.
what happens to your brain if it gets a virus?? o_o
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #146
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
what happens to your brain if it gets a virus?? o_o
I'm not worried; it would probably be an improvement. My brain's got nowhere to go but up.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #147
KindleChickie
Connoisseur
KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DX, iPad 2, Kindle 3, Nook simple touch
I would love a new iPad 3 in black. But everything I think about spending $800 to upgrade, I just can't. For $1000 I could get an 11" MacBook air. Or a refurb iMac.
KindleChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #148
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
If I had had a 2 I would have kept it. I have no regrets at all about having a 3, its brilliant. I just love looking at photography stuff on this ipad.. Brilliant. Not to mention editing, which is also brilliant
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #149
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
I probably would, after the yearly bonus. Then vigorously sell the iPad 2 to whoever still wants one at the time. Then again, I could just donate it to my brother. (highly unlikely. haha)
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad3