Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Switching Amazon accounts --- how do I back up my kindle library?

I mean the kindle archive on my old account. how can i back it up on my computer?

would i need to download it first to my kindle then copy the documents file to the computer? then can i pop it into calibre just for archiving purposes?

thanks
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I mean the kindle archive on my old account. how can i back it up on my computer?

would i need to download it first to my kindle then copy the documents file to the computer? then can i pop it into calibre just for archiving purposes?

thanks
You could do it that way, or you could use Kindle for PC. I find downloading to that to be faster and easier than to the Kindle and transferring.

Note that whatever device or ap you use to download or send the file to, that will be the only device or ap that will be able to read it, as long as it has DRM.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
You could do it that way, or you could use Kindle for PC. I find downloading to that to be faster and easier than to the Kindle and transferring.

Note that whatever device or ap you use to download or send the file to, that will be the only device or ap that will be able to read it, as long as it has DRM.
okay, thanks!
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote