Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
runningwithbulls
runningwithbulls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WiFi
Online Newspaper / web content cover images

Hi there,

I am a Calibre new user - so far I like it alot.

I have a couple of questions though:

I download newspaper content from the web using a number of the provided recipes (mainly Irish Times, and El País).

I have created a cover image for each source (using an image of the web, and using "Edit Metadata", and "change book cover" options).

This works fine for one day, but when I scheduled these downloads, the cover image metadata is lost, obviously, as it is a new scrape of the content.

Is it possible to specify a cover image for regularly downloaded content, like newspapers, or blogs, which will be retained after each new scrape?

Any help much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
B
runningwithbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbulls View Post
Is it possible to specify a cover image for regularly downloaded content, like newspapers, or blogs, which will be retained after each new scrape?
It is possible add something like

cover_url = 'http://myimageon the web/cover.jpg'
oldest_article = 3
max_articles_per_feed = 100
summary_length = 150

to the recipe. cover_url is the line that needs to be added pointing to your image. The other lines are there to give you an approximate position placement within the recipe.

Any other questions please ask them in the Calibre Recipes sub-forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
runningwithbulls
runningwithbulls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WiFi
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is possible add something like

cover_url = 'http://myimageon the web/cover.jpg'

Any other questions please ask them in the Calibre Recipes sub-forum.

Hi there,

that works pretty well. Excellent. Thanks for the help. And I will remember to post recipe related Q's in the right forum.

thanks.
runningwithbulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwithbulls View Post
that works pretty well. Excellent. Thanks for the help.
Glad I could help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, newspapers, scheduled, scrape