Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #571
cfo
Connoisseur
cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO, iPhone4
I'm waiting for a tubemonkey update.
cfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #572
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oooo my bag is here! Thanks to the KSO I got $30 off my $59 bag!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #573
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Save 40% on select Kindle covers

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000715161
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #574
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Upcoming offer from the assets folder:

$30 off an $80 purchase at Myhabit
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #575
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by brdwygurl View Post
Upcoming offer from the assets folder:

$30 off an $80 purchase at Myhabit
I went to look for the assets folder the other day and couldn't find it at all. Where is it? I pretty much looked in every folder while I had it connected to my laptop.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #576
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
I went to look for the assets folder the other day and couldn't find it at all. Where is it? I pretty much looked in every folder while I had it connected to my laptop.
Make sure you have "show hidden files" selected in your folder options.

When the Kindle is connected I right click on it and select "open as portable media device". Then I can see the system and assets folder. The folder that opens automatically when you connect the Kindle doesn't show it for me. I have to open it as a portable media device.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #577
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Quote:
Make sure you have "show hidden files" selected in your folder options.

When the Kindle is connected I right click on it and select "open as portable media device". Then I can see the system and assets folder. The folder that opens automatically when you connect the Kindle doesn't show it for me. I have to open it as a portable media device.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. I have a mac, though, so I'm not sure how to do that on my mac? Or maybe I'm just clueless?

It's not critical that I look in the assets folder....I was just curious, though.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:06 AM   #578
brdwygurl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamistress View Post
Thanks. I have a mac, though, so I'm not sure how to do that on my mac? Or maybe I'm just clueless?

It's not critical that I look in the assets folder....I was just curious, though.
Ohh sorry I am not sure how it works on the Mac. I think it's more complicated to show hidden folders on a Mac, so it's not that you are clueless

Two new offers in the assets folder today:
  • Buy 1 of 100 biographies and memoirs for $1
  • Protect your investment save 40% on select Kindle covers
Old 09-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #579
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Ohh sorry I am not sure how it works on the Mac. I think it's more complicated to show hidden folders on a Mac, so it's not that you are clueless

Two new offers in the assets folder today:
  • Buy 1 of 100 biographies and memoirs for $1
  • Protect your investment save 40% on select Kindle covers
Does "Protect your investment save 40% on select Kindle covers" look any different than the current 40% off offer?

Glad to see the other one, though (and it reminds me to go finish my samples on the current business/investment list).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #580
brdwygurl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Does "Protect your investment save 40% on select Kindle covers" look any different than the current 40% off offer?

Glad to see the other one, though (and it reminds me to go finish my samples on the current business/investment list).
I think it's the same one. I hadn't connected my Kindle to wireless in a few days so the date of the folder made it look like a new offer.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #581
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I bit on this one, too. $20 for a new cover sounded decent since I don't have one at the moment.

Dumb question, and if I need to I can just wait it out, but how long after the offer shows up in the .assets folder does it actually go live? I'd love to see what the list of history and biography for $1 is going to include. That's my favorite genre.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #582
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
I bit on this one, too. $20 for a new cover sounded decent since I don't have one at the moment.

Dumb question, and if I need to I can just wait it out, but how long after the offer shows up in the .assets folder does it actually go live? I'd love to see what the list of history and biography for $1 is going to include. That's my favorite genre.
It seems to vary (and those that use admash seem to get some very early). New offers (one at a time, lately) seem to hit every 4 days, but a few in the past have shown up off schedule (and one for Audible was only live a couple of days).
Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #583
koland
Grand Sorcerer

New offers today (claim by 9 Sep):

Buy one of 100 Biographies & Memoirs for $1 expires Oct 9
Save $30 when you spend $80 at MYHABIT expires Oct 9
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #584
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I really like the one for the Biographies & Memoirs, but as usual, can't make up my mind! Any recommendations from anybody?

I won't use the one from MYHABIT because even with $30 off, their prices are still too high for me
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #585
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
There were a lot of good choices in the biography offer! I bought Fire and Rain by David Browne because I wanted something fun to read.

I'm curious how they choose which ones to include. I saw some that have been on special before. Regardless, I'm enjoying this offer format since it gives me a look at books I might not have looked at otherwise.
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote