Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-08-2023, 09:32 AM   #16
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
@kaznelson, how did you figure out that work around? I'm trying to find a way to change icons and attempted to add a new library icon bmp file with the same name as the library app entry in a decompiled Line.pbt theme. The new icon didn't appear though. Very curious
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 02:30 AM   #17
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jrw174
This worked well when PB was still modders-friendly and actively shared SDK with users. Now marketers run it, but not everything has been broken yet...

Last edited by kaznelson; 08-09-2023 at 02:34 AM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2023, 12:40 PM   #18
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat02 View Post
I am asking, because I would like to use my Touch Lux 3 to show current week schedule that I load from a website. I know I could just make an offscreen logo, but the schedule is dynamic, so it is much easier to just reload the webpage, therefore with the "invisible lockscreen" I could just unlock the device, switch to different bookmark in a web browser and lock it again.
I'd go with an offscreen logo and write a bash script you can run as a user app that'll launch the browser to your schedule page, take a screenshot and save it over the old offscreen logo. Then just run the app whenever you need to refresh/update the schedule on the device.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM   #19
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

I was able to make the KOReader cover image power off image to lock image.

Create the bmp file at /ext1/system/resources/Line/"taskmgr_lock_background_landscape.bmp following the specs of at the link a user posted (http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/5...kow-pocketbook).

When I created this image I made the entire picture just the transparent color described in the blog post.

Open KoReader and point the cover image plugin to this file created.
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 04:31 PM   #20
Danski3
Danski3 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Lit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
I was able to make the KOReader cover image power off image to lock image.
I did the same thing, but it's not a perfect implementation. The main issue is that the cover does not update according to the file opened. It seems like the device takes whatever is in .../resources/Line/ the first time it goes to sleep and saves it to the memory, reusing the image for the next time...

So if you put it to sleep in one book and then in another, it'll use the image from the first book.

Does anyway else have the same issue? It's really annoying having to reboot the device to update the cover image :/
Danski3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2024, 03:51 PM   #21
bonde5000
bonde5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
I'm going to resurrect this old thread in the hopes of someone having a couple of good standby images to share?

I'm quite new to the Pocketbook system, coming from many years with Kindle and Kobo, and I'm trying to personalize my device a bit. However, the files I end up making are always so big that they tend to slow the device down quite significantly (it seems)
bonde5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 04:44 PM   #22
Xaenor
Enthusiast
Xaenor began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonde5000 View Post
I'm going to resurrect this old thread in the hopes of someone having a couple of good standby images to share?

I'm quite new to the Pocketbook system, coming from many years with Kindle and Kobo, and I'm trying to personalize my device a bit. However, the files I end up making are always so big that they tend to slow the device down quite significantly (it seems)
I combined a Stars + Moon image from Cyfranek's blog post with a random anime girl and got something I enjoy using - see the attached file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sample.png
Views:	30
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	207029  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sleep Image.zip (56.0 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by Xaenor; 03-20-2024 at 05:51 PM.
Xaenor is offline   Reply With Quote