Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #1
Jungleham
Jungleham doesn't litterJungleham doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Era
Unhappy Pocketbook Era lockscreen / standby image

Currently, whenever you lock the screen, it gets little silly image on top of any contents (attached)

Is there a way to change it to any sort of full screen image?

I've looked all over the ini and cfg files in 'system' folder, but haven't found this exact image

Also, I'm not talking about Off / On images, those are easy to set up, it's the lockscreen image that I need to change
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2023-07-25_16-43-31.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	202818  

Last edited by Jungleham; 07-25-2023 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Clarity and image attachment
Jungleham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 02:10 PM   #2
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

If you have shell access and mount remount tge file system as read write you might be able to do a find on *.png,*.jpeg,*.gif etc. If you did the remount you could overwrite it maybe
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2023, 03:56 PM   #3
Jungleham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw174 View Post
If you have shell access and mount remount tge file system as read write you might be able to do a find on *.png,*.jpeg,*.gif etc. If you did the remount you could overwrite it maybe
This sounds like a bricking hazard, thought there would be an easier way, because the device belongs to my SO, bricking it would be a bad time.

I've heard something about using "themes" or whatever, it even has a "themes" folder in system/.
Old 07-25-2023, 08:22 PM   #4
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleham View Post
This sounds like a bricking hazard, thought there would be an easier way, because the device belongs to my SO, bricking it would be a bad time.

I've heard something about using "themes" or whatever, it even has a "themes" folder in system/.
Themes don't seem to be supported anymore. It's not a brick hazard. I've done it a few times but if you don't know linux it can be hard to dive into
Old 07-26-2023, 09:14 AM   #5
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Themes don't seem to be supported anymore.
...but they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleham View Post
Is there a way to change it to any sort of full screen image?
/system/resources/Line/taskmgr_lock_background.bmp
/system/resources/Line/taskmgr_lock_background_landscape.bmp
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	27934446.png
Views:	127
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	202830  
Attached Files
File Type: zip I_see_everything.zip (65.2 KB, 276 views)
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2023, 08:50 PM   #6
jrw174
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
...but they work.

Very interesting! Any thing you can point to for themes? I did lots of searching but nothing recent. I even went past page 2 of Google lol. I see lots of about compiling the current themes but haven't found on my Era where the theme is
Old 07-29-2023, 02:58 AM   #7
Jungleham

Quote:

Oh my, will give it a shot. Though haven't found it when tried the last time
Will definitely update on result.

Quote:
...but they work.
Ooo, tell more please, didn't find anything about that
Old 07-29-2023, 07:33 AM   #8
Jungleham

Post Pocketbook Era lockscreen / standby image

Quote:
Very interesting! Any thing you can point to for themes? I did lots of searching but nothing recent. I even went past page 2 of Google lol. I see lots of about compiling the current themes but haven't found on my Era where the theme is
Quote:
...but they work.

Yoooo this worked, here's what you should do, to get a custom lockscreen on your pocketbook era (writing like this, so people can find it in the future!

1. Plug in pocketbook (I have Pocketbook Era (pb700) but I guess works for others too?)
2. Make sure all system folders are visible, I use Total Commander and it's under "Configuration > Options > Display > Show system files (checkbox)
3. Go to the "system" folder
4. Create folders like this: "system/resources/Line/"
5. Now paste the image you want to be your lockscreen image (note, I'm talking about the lock screen image, not turn off or on image!). But make sure they have the same format, same color background as the source images, and have the same names
6. Disconnect your PocketBook Era and see if the lockscreen works!

6.1 Just in case, details of each .BMP file:

taskmgr_lock_background.bmp https://i.imgur.com/0hkzPfr.png

taskmgr_lock_background_landscape.bmp https://i.imgur.com/8sMKjyt.png

6.2 You can just download and paste the archive sent by kaznelson, edit your picture in Photoshop, make it B&W (black and white) remove the existing image by just painting it over with the background color. And then just paste the image you edited (preferably a cut out in the shape of the image you want)

Huge thank you to kaznelson for the info!
Old 07-31-2023, 03:29 AM   #9
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do not compress this bmp-file!
#808040 - this color will be transparent on the PB-device.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	222
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	202899  
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:51 AM   #10
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Thank you @kaznelson and @Jungleham for your tips. I wrote a manual for Polish users and my blog readers: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/5...kow-pocketbook
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:11 AM   #11
mat02
mat02 began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch Lux 3
@Cyfranek thanks for the step by step instructions.
However, even with #808040 color, the content "under" the lockscreen shade is grayed out and blurred. Is there an option to completly disable the lockscreen shade? Is there any benefit of leaving the lockscreen on? Like, longer battery life and such?
I am asking, because I would like to use my Touch Lux 3 to show current week schedule that I load from a website. I know I could just make an offscreen logo, but the schedule is dynamic, so it is much easier to just reload the webpage, therefore with the "invisible lockscreen" I could just unlock the device, switch to different bookmark in a web browser and lock it again.
mat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:06 AM   #12
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

#808040 color as far as I know should be the first one and the only one color in color palete. If there are more colors (except shades of gray) or if it's not the first one, it cause problems. Try to check palette if it's OK.
I don't remember Touch Lux 3 settings, but there should be an option in "saving battery" menu - switch off "auto screen lock".
Old 08-02-2023, 12:42 PM   #13
mat02

Palette looks ok:
https://imgur.com/a/imeiRjM

I know that I can turn off auto screen lock, but it's the opposite, I want it to be turned ON, just not to obscure anything that was on the screen before

Here I've uploaded how it looks like before (first photo) and after screen (second photo) is locked:
https://imgur.com/a/vJBHyAs
Old 08-02-2023, 03:22 PM   #14
Cyfranek
Groupie

So, transparent means that last screen will be displayed like a matt glass. File is OK, and it works correct, just like on your picture. See picture on my blog: moon, stars are black while book page in the background looks like behind the matt glass.

Last edited by Cyfranek; 08-03-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:05 PM   #15
mat02

Yes, that effect is exactly like a matt glass. I thought that by setting the graphic to transparent it would remove that frozen glass effect. Tough luck :/

Last edited by mat02; 08-02-2023 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typo