Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #1
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
stand by logo

good afternoon, is there any way to change the standby logo, so that the cover of the book appears and not that horrible logo with the zzz...? thank you in advance
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:39 AM   #2
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer1803 View Post
good afternoon, is there any way to change the standby logo, so that the cover of the book appears and not that horrible logo with the zzz...? thank you in advance
On my Pocketbook Touch HD3, in Settings, under Personalize --> Logos --> Power-off Logo, there are options there. I selected Book Cover. My device shows the Book Cover when I put my device to sleep. It takes a little bit for the cover to come up, though. It first shows the zzz for a while, I think while it's syncing or something.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #3
fer1803
Enthusiast
fer1803 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
On my Pocketbook Touch HD3, in Settings, under Personalize --> Logos --> Power-off Logo, there are options there. I selected Book Cover. My device shows the Book Cover when I put my device to sleep. It takes a little bit for the cover to come up, though. It first shows the zzz for a while, I think while it's syncing or something.
Well thanks, I don't know why my pocketbook color keeps the zzz when i put it to sleep, it only shows me the cover of the book when I turn it off.
fer1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:49 AM   #4
Kleki
Connoisseur
Kleki doesn't litterKleki doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (+ an old Hanlin V3)
My HD3 shows the same behavior as yours, fer1803. I have never seen a cover during sleep, just the standard zzz. But I guess there are more serious issues to solve.
Kleki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 03:46 PM   #5
Gruntbug
Gruntbug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I just posted my solution here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=359223
Gruntbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2024, 02:31 AM   #6
Xaenor
Enthusiast
Xaenor began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
Maybe this thread could help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=355272
Xaenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:46 AM   #7
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Set Sleep Logo, Boot Logo and Power-off Logo to a book cover simultaneously

If you use KOReader, Gruntbug's solution above is automatic and convenient. If you don't use KOReader, or just prefer a more manual approach then continue below...

I've written a simple binary that should make setting the sleep image as a book cover a tad easier.
It will also set the Boot Logo and Power-off Logo at the same time.
After the initial install manually change Settings>Personalize>Logos for both the Boot Logo and Power-off Logo to: SetSleep

Once installed you will be able to long-press on a book on your home or library view and select:
Open with > Set as sleep

This will create the sleep cover image and reboot the device.

Install instructions:
Spoiler:
Upload the attached file to the root directory of your device storage (/mnt/ext1) and rename it without the .zip extension, e.g. SleepScreen.pbi

After unplugging the USB (or a reboot) open the Library, select "Formats" from the drop-down menu, then select "PBI". Click on SleepScreen and choose install.

Manually change Settings>Personalize>Logos for both the Boot Logo and Power-off Logo to: SetSleep

With that complete, you will be able to long-press on a book on your home or library view and select:
Open with > Set as sleep
This will create the sleep cover image and reboot the device.

EDIT: Added functionality
Spoiler:
Added a dialog window with 3 options...

CREATE - Creates the sleep image from book cover and restarts.

RESTORE - Restores the sleep image to the default & restarts:

/mnt/ext1/system/resources/Line/old/taskmgr_lock_background.bmp
Attempts to first restore file above, if this file doesn't exist it restores the Pocketbook default.

EXIT - Exits without a restart.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepScreen.pbi.zip (10.7 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-12-2024 at 12:34 AM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:45 AM   #8
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Great, thank you.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote