Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
nldirkz1
nldirkz1 began at the beginning.

Vista & Librie

I am running vista. I got the Windows for Librie installed and after having checked the properties box on the excecutable to win98, the file loads. However when ever trying to copy a lrf file to my memory stick/librie Vista does not like it and will not add the file.

Is there anybody out there who can help?

for example is the new Reader sofware compatible with the librie (I read there is a vista update of the connect software)

many thanks
floris
nldirkz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nldirkz1 View Post
I am running vista. I got the Windows for Librie installed and after having checked the properties box on the excecutable to win98, the file loads. However when ever trying to copy a lrf file to my memory stick/librie Vista does not like it and will not add the file.

Is there anybody out there who can help?

for example is the new Reader sofware compatible with the librie (I read there is a vista update of the connect software)

many thanks
floris
The only way to find out if the Connect software is compatible is to go to the Connect website http://www.ebaooks.connect.com and download it. Uninstall the Libre software, install the Connect software and hope it works. Otherwise, the only option you have is to get a copy of Windows XP and remove Vista from your computer (or dual-boot).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
bcmalloy
bcmalloy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie
Sony librie and vista 32 and 64 solution

hi worked out how to get files on my librie in vista 64 heres how..

download this
http://booklistgen.peterknowles.com/...tgen-0.3.8.zip

go into dir win32 look for booklistgen.exe this is the file that does the magic.

make your lrf files with bookdesigner or any other tools you have (sony format ebook file)

Put ebook files you want to read on your memory stick in the directory
/ebook/bbeb/book

now make a batch file to make things quick
1. open notepad put this line in to rebuild the index on your memory stick
note:change i: to whatever drive your memory stick shows up as:

booklistgen -f i:

Save this file as build.bat in the driectory with booklistgen.exe
double click on this file whenever you put new books on your memory stick so
your librie can read them.

If your memory stick is blank make a batch file to create the proper directories the same way as above put this line in it

booklistgen -c i:
save this as buildir.bat in dir with booklistgen.exe note: this only needs to be run if these directories are not on your memory stick

/mssony/librie/booklist
/mssony/librie/usb
/mssony/librie/reader/book/lrf
/mssony/librie/reader/book/lrx
/ebook/bbeb/book

enjoy
bcmalloy
bcmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #4
MHpurple
MHpurple began at the beginning.

Device: none
oh, I too had the same problem with my vista thnks for the information
MHpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #5
bcmalloy
bcmalloy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librie
heres a modified booklistgen i've made called booklistgen plus

Works on all window and vista, simply put ebooks on a memory stick for your librie ebook reader and run this to enable your librie to see them.

instructions are inside, much easier to use.

enjoy
bcmalloy

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1239357163
Attached Files
File Type: rar booklistgenplus.rar (67.8 KB, 879 views)
bcmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert