Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Angry Series Information

I have the Pocketbook Pro 902, and I love it except for one thing. The main menu item for displaying my library in series order doesn't seem to work. I'm using Calibre for library management, and I always enter the series information in the appropriate fields in Calibre, but this info NEVER appears on the 902. I assume that since the option is there, this should work, so does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? (Aside from making that assumption???)

Thanks,
Dan
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
What format do you use for your books? AFAIK series information is only shown for books in fb2 format.

If you are using EPub you are out of luck. Series information for EPubs aren't really defined in the standard - at least not in EPub 2. Calibre uses its own extensions to the book metadata to store this information. It wouldn't be too hard to extract the series information from EPubs generated by Calibre, but since Pocketbook doesn't release the sources for the bookshelf app the community can't fix it...
JustForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Just try to enter the series names in the "tag" field in Calibre, they will show up on the reader if you sort by "genre"
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Exclamation Re: series information

Thanks JustForFun, looks like you nailed the problem right on the head. Guess I need to rethink my library plans, I was going to use EPUB for everything, but now it looks like I'm going to shift to FB2.

Thanks again
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForFun View Post
What format do you use for your books? AFAIK series information is only shown for books in fb2 format.

If you are using EPub you are out of luck. Series information for EPubs aren't really defined in the standard - at least not in EPub 2. Calibre uses its own extensions to the book metadata to store this information. It wouldn't be too hard to extract the series information from EPubs generated by Calibre, but since Pocketbook doesn't release the sources for the bookshelf app the community can't fix it...
Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
dpayment
Connoisseur

Re: series information

Thanks Troll5, never thought of doing that, but great idea! I'm going to give that a try, but I'm also going to add a few books in FB2 format and see which I like better.

Thanks again,
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Just try to enter the series names in the "tag" field in Calibre, they will show up on the reader if you sort by "genre"
Advert