Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
marlinwebster
marlinwebster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Syncing Personal Documents

Hey,

So I believe that with the new firmware I'm able to sync personal documents, between devices. So, what I'm looking to do is to sync my personal document ( in .mobi format) from my kindle device (where I do most my reading) to my iPhone and my iPad.

Is this possible? I've scratched about with no success.

Thanks in advance!

M:help
marlinwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Daveoc64
Groupie
Daveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmosDaveoc64 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (LTE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinwebster View Post
Hey,

So I believe that with the new firmware I'm able to sync personal documents, between devices. So, what I'm looking to do is to sync my personal document ( in .mobi format) from my kindle device (where I do most my reading) to my iPhone and my iPad.

Thanks in advance!

Kindle applications (including those on the iPad and iPhone) don't support syncing personal documents.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Only the 3rd and 4th generation Kindles and the yet to be released Kindle fire currently support Personal Document syncing. I suspect other non-Kindle devices and apps will eventually get this ability. I doubt it will ever include the 1st and 2nd generation Kindles or the DX models.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinwebster View Post
Hey,

Thanks in advance!

In order for books to sync between the Kindle and the iphone the books must be loaded to the Kindle\Library\eBooks folder on the iphone. I use a software called DiskAid. Works very well. It's not free but was only $9.99.

There was a very long thread about this a while ago. Here is the link.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113315
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
In order for books to sync between the Kindle and the iphone the books must be loaded to the Kindle\Library\eBooks folder on the iphone. I use a software called DiskAid. Works very well. It's not free but was only $9.99.

There was a very long thread about this a while ago. Here is the link.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=113315
That only syncs farthest page read and it is rather kluge. The OP is talking about the new firmware update which allows syncing of farthest page read, bookmarks, highlighting, etc.
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
pgnds
Patty
pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pgnds ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-3, Fire 1st & 5 gen 8"
Dear Kindle Customer,

As a past user of the Kindle Personal Documents Service, we are pleased to let you know about some improvements:
• Your documents are now automatically archived in your Kindle library (you can control this from the Manage Your Kindle page at www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle).
• Archived documents can be re-downloaded from your archive to the all-new Kindle and Kindle Touch devices, as well as Kindle Keyboard (Kindle 3rd Generation--requires the latest software update v3.3 from www.amazon.com/kindlesoftwareupdates) – you will be able to find and download your documents from any of these devices that are registered to your account.
• Now (just as with Kindle books) Whispersync automatically synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks and annotations for your documents (with the exception of PDFs) across devices.

We expect to extend these features to Kindle Fire and Kindle apps (such as Kindle Cloud Reader, Kindle for Android, Kindle for iPhone, Kindle for PC, and Kindle for Mac) in the coming months.

You can control these new features from the Manage Your Kindle page at www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle where you can see a list of your archived documents, re-deliver documents to your Kindle, delete any document from archive, or even turn off archiving for your account.

Learn more about the Kindle Personal Documents Service from our help pages at www.amazon.com/kindlepersonaldocuments.

Thank you for choosing Kindle,
pgnds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Actually, you can send your archived personal documents to ANY Kindle device, from first generation on. At least for now and hopefully they will update the documentation, rather than change this. When first introduced, it was limited to updated KKs and K4s.

I wish they would just let you do the same with the apps - there is no technical reason they can't (other than, perhaps, Apple doesn't like it; in which case, they should simply limit that one app, only) and no cost to them (all are wifi only or paid by the user for cell access).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
That only syncs farthest page read and it is rather kluge. The OP is talking about the new firmware update which allows syncing of farthest page read, bookmarks, highlighting, etc.
Ah! I thought they just wanted to sync to the furthest page.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote