Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
My tablet doesn't cut it for reading. It doesn't cut it for anything actually. The only use of it is very rarely does it wake up from sleep to carry with me to kitchen or front room when looking something up in browser. The 10" screen is too small for watching movies, can't type on the keyboard with 10 fingers, the speakers are too bad, it is too heavy to carry around, can't see anything outside in sunlight, it is too slow. Well in short, it was nice when it was new, now it just turned into an oversized phone that cannot even make phone calls.

Tablets try to squeeze too much into too little room. Jack of all trades, master of none. That is why I chose a dedicated reader. For what it is meant to do it does a pretty good job. I can read, occasional look up a word in dictionary, is light and small enough to carry everywhere.
You need a smaller tablet. 10" is too big. I have 7" KF and 5" tablet I love them. I can read just fine on them. I love my PW to read on most but I have no problems switching to a tablet to read.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You need a smaller tablet. 10" is too big. I have 7" KF and 5" tablet I love them. I can read just fine on them. I love my PW to read on most but I have no problems switching to a tablet to read.
Thanks, but no thanks. I might need a smaller tablet to read, but I am perfectly happy to read on my PW. When I need something portable to go online, I can always fallback to my 4.3" phone to surf, and PW to read.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert