Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
SelinaK
SelinaK began at the beginning.

Device: going to get a Pocketbook 301+ soon
I want a pad...

I'm thinking about an e-reader for some time, but wasn't able to choose. Every e-reader I looked into missed something. Now iPad and various MIDs are out and I'm pretty sure this is what I need: something more like a slate tablet than e-ink reader. I want to take notes, look on internet or run a dictionary. Yes, most of my books are PDF and with illustrations.

What similar devices are (or will be) there - except iPad? I'm based in Europe, but don't mind to order from worldwide. I want at least 7" touchscreen, the device should be light and not clumsy and the battery should last at least 5 hours. I have the SmartQ 7 MID, but it's quite not it (it's a little clumsy, bulky and pretty slow).
SelinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Check this out.... http://haleron.com/index.php?page=sh...mart&Itemid=63 looks to be a good Windows/full OS machine for all the iPad haters. For those wanting a traditional computer in a tablet format, it looks pretty good.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
SelinaK
SelinaK began at the beginning.

Device: going to get a Pocketbook 301+ soon
Forgot to add I don't have $500
Maybe the Eee pad will be cheaper? Most of those pad and tablet gadgets seem a bit overpriced to me.
SelinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I think most decent spec'd devices right now are between $400 - $500 or higher.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Check this out.... http://haleron.com/index.php?page=sh...mart&Itemid=63 looks to be a good Windows/full OS machine for all the iPad haters. For those wanting a traditional computer in a tablet format, it looks pretty good.

Let's see if this one works...

iLet 10
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert