Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
The Scream Screensaver

I have been lurking a lot and today got a new in box Kindle 1. I am thrilled with it and appreciate all the help the forum has provided. I will be traveling the next few days and can't wait to read in the hotel.

I found the screensaver instructions here and decided to use Mr. Munch's lithograph of "The Scream", courtesy Wikipedia. I haven't seen it around here so I thought I would share. I dig it and hope someone else does too.

The pic of the Kindle is a high iso shot and appears grainy here. Not so in real life. I resized "The Scream" jpg using my minimal skills, and it fits nicely on the Kindle 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	425px-Munch_The_Scream_lithographyKINDLE.png
Views:	502
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	25089   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2770-1.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	914.6 KB
ID:	25090  

Last edited by galavanter; 03-06-2009 at 01:16 PM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Awesome!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cool. I keep meaning to put pics of my kids on mine. But, I don't usually look at my kindle when it isn't showing text.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
brn_eyed_girl81
Connoisseur
brn_eyed_girl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wow! That looks great!
brn_eyed_girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
LOL Not so sure I want to see that first thing in the morning when I turn my Kindle on! But it is cool !
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
LOL Not so sure I want to see that first thing in the morning when I turn my Kindle on! But it is cool !
I can't argue with you there Ms. Sometimes the best art makes us uncomfortable because of the pain of the truth it evokes.

I've ditched The Scream for another reason. I was on the road a couple days after purchasing my Kindle and took it into a restaurant. 5 miles later I realized I had left it there. A panic call to goog411 got me connected to the restaurant fast and they had it. Whew.

I looked for a "bookplate" I have seen mentioned but couldn't find it. I believe some have entered their personal info for display in them.

So I took a Sharpie (after a pen came out too light and thin) and printed my contact info on a piece of white paper. I then took a shot of it with my digital camera and it came out pretty nifty. This is now my permanent screensaver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2782.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	25665  

Last edited by galavanter; 04-01-2009 at 07:40 AM.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
That's pretty sweet.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
MoboHobo
Banned
MoboHobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Thanks for posting that. Cool
MoboHobo is offline   Reply With Quote