Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Wulfram
Wulfram began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Calibre & Stanza: Series in Title over iPhone wifi sync

I have just started using Calibre and so far am absolutely loving it. I am wondering however if it is possible to have the Series and Series number in the title when sharing books over wifi (online catalog/Calibre Content Server) to Stanza on my iPhone. I don't really want to have to go and modify each title by hand as I have lots of ebooks.

I have been able to do it using metadata plugboards using iBooks and iTunes sync. However iBooks is terrible and why would I plug in to sync when I can just do it via wifi?

--
My setup:

Desktop running Calibre
- Windows 7
- Latest Calibre release (downloaded yesterday)
- Lots of ebooks

Reading Device
- iPhone 3g running 4.1 (jailbroken)
- Using latest Stanza

Last edited by Wulfram; 11-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Wulfram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
plugboards haven't been implemented for the content server. But I don't understand why you need series in title if your browsing with stanza. Why not just use browse by series.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Wulfram

The problem is once the books are downloaded in Stanza. When I browse I would like to be able to see the books in their order in the series.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah you are downloading large collections to stanza, now I see. Well as I said, plugboards haven't been implemented for the content server.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Wulfram

Are there any plans to implement plugboards for the content server?
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not that I'm aware off.

Tags
series, stanza, title, wifi