Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Expired books

I must have added some library books from the Digital Editions folder without realizing it while back. Now they are expired, but I can't tell unless I try to view one. Calibre will let me send them to my reader and then they will show an error. Just scrolling through Calibre, they look fine.

I'd like to find all expired books (no idea how many) and delete them but I have a rather large library and didn't want to have to try to open each book. So, I wanted to know if there is a way to tell if a book is expired without trying to view it?

Thanks!
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I must have added some library books from the Digital Editions folder without realizing it while back. Now they are expired, but I can't tell unless I try to view one. Calibre will let me send them to my reader and then they will show an error. Just scrolling through Calibre, they look fine.

I'd like to find all expired books (no idea how many) and delete them but I have a rather large library and didn't want to have to try to open each book. So, I wanted to know if there is a way to tell if a book is expired without trying to view it?

Thanks!
Create a custom field for the date the books are due to expire. Then you can find them easily. I know this won't work for the books you have now in Calibre, but it will work for future books. You will have to manually type in the date of expiry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post

Thanks!
Expired books have DRM.
Use the Quality check Plugin to test your Library.
(I bet you can figure out which check to run under the Check EPUB structure section )
The positive results will be displayed (the search bar will now read:marked:epub_drm).
From there, you can decide what you want to do:
1)Delete the EPUB format (leaving the Library entry) You might want to use the List to first: Mark them all as 'read' if you track that.

2)Delete the Book and Library entry (a basic Delete)

3) something else
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Thanks, theducks! I will install the plugin and give it a go!
retro is offline   Reply With Quote