Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #61
bryanzs
Zealot
bryanzs doesn't litterbryanzs doesn't litter

Device: Nook HD+, Nook ST Glow, PocketBook 360, Nook Color
I, too, haven't received an invite yet, but I just assumed that now that they've started shipping - in theory - they're a bit too busy to send out the most recent batch CommanderROR forwarded on to them. And of course, now that it's the weekend, I don't imagine they're doing _anything_.

CommanderROR, any way you can verify this? If they can confirm this, perhaps you won't be inundated with repeated requests from all us impatient folks...
bryanzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #62
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
@everybody who hasn't received an invite yet...
I posted every time I sent a list to iRex, so if you haven't received your invite although you can see my "list sent" post after your post in the thread,please just send your email address again.
I have had about 4-5 cases of forgotten email addresses so far and I think I sent a PM to every one ot these so that they can correct their error. It is possible however that I forgot one or two.
I'm pretty sure that I sent every address I received on to iRex. I did double and triple checking every time.
I guess the error is either forgotten email address, typo somewhere (trembling hands...^^) or that iRex simply lost the addresses when adding them to their invite list.

So I'd thank you very much for simply waiting until Monday afternoon and then sending your email addresses again. I'll forward them again and we'll see what happens.
Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2006, 12:37 PM   #63
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Next list sent. Everybody who posted so far is now included.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #64
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzs
I, too, haven't received an invite yet, but I just assumed that now that they've started shipping - in theory - they're a bit too busy to send out the most recent batch CommanderROR forwarded on to them. And of course, now that it's the weekend, I don't imagine they're doing _anything_.
Man, if the same people doing shipping are taking orders this really IS a small company
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #65
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
I acknowledge the fact that the Iliad is still to expensive and has too little publisher support. <g> I am gonna wait for Sony.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #66
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

@CCDMan
Let's see if you can hold out when we start bragging about our new toys...^^
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 AM   #67
beckkk1
beckkk1 began at the beginning.

Device: palmone Treo 650
I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that it's software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.

Thanks,

beckkk1
beckkk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #68
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

sent.

Since i've been ping-ponging them with messages today anyway I just added the invite requests there instead of making a proper list.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #69
rickmeyer69
rickmeyer69 began at the beginning.

I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that you know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.

Thanks,

rickmeyer69
rickmeyer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #70
jdeisenberg
jdeisenberg began at the beginning.

Device: iRex, Zaurus
1) Does the invitation mean I am required to purchase?
2) Will the software upgrade be possible without buying a new iLiad?

If the answer to question 1 is "no" and the answer to question 2 is "yes," then:

I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
jdeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #71
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Let's see if you can hold out when we start bragging about our new toys...^^
Perhaps you are right. But then I am in the middle of a home remodel so probably won't have time to read anything for a few months anyway!.....
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #72
Rimbaud
Rimbaud began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeisenberg
1) Does the invitation mean I am required to purchase?
2) Will the software upgrade be possible without buying a new iLiad?

If the answer to question 1 is "no" and the answer to question 2 is "yes," then:

I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
The answer to 1 is no. As for number 2, the software/firmware will be updated through the iRex IDS Service site. You connect your iLiad to the iRex site and they then push the latest firmware/software to the device.

Last edited by Rimbaud; 07-11-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Rimbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:57 AM   #73
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that it's software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.

Thanks,

AndrewLB
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #74
buws27
buws27 began at the beginning.

I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
buws27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #75
oinori
oinori began at the beginning.

I acknowledge the fact that the development of the iRex iLiad isn't finished yet, and that I know that its software is still being developed before it can be considered as fully functional as advertised.
oinori is offline   Reply With Quote