Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #496
firehawk12
Enthusiast
firehawk12 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
No. Please post screenshot of directory structure inside your CBZ file.

You preparing MOBI file for K3?
Ah sorry, I should update my profile - I'm doing it for the Kobo Aura.

Here's the folder after I unzipped it:

And the individual images in each folder are 01.jpg and so on.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #497
theix
theix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Gen 4th
Hi,

is there any posibility to get "table of content" working with *.mobi produced by KCC & Kindlegen? I'm using Amazon kindlegen(Linux) V2.9 build 0730-890adc2 and the newest KCC Linux version.
theix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2014, 12:22 AM   #498
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
@firehawk12 - In this case solution is simple. Use other CBZ reader software. You are not first person with this problem on Aura. For some reason one of CBZ readers there can't properly parse CBZ files with directories inside. I need add that to Wiki.

@theix - TOC is generated based on directory structure. If every chapter will be placed in separate directory TOC will work.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-06-2014 at 12:28 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #499
firehawk12
Enthusiast

Quote:
@firehawk12 - In this case solution is simple. Use other CBZ reader software. You are not first person with this problem on Aura. For some reason one of CBZ readers there can't properly parse CBZ files with directories inside. I need add that to Wiki.
Ahh, okay. Are there any recommended readers, or should I check the Kobo forum?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #500
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't have any recommendations as I never used Kobo. But I would love to know which one work properly and which not.

CBZ files that don't have any directories work properly.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-07-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Advert
Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #501
firehawk12
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't have any recommendations as I never used Kobo. But I would love to know which one work properly and which not.

CBZ files that don't have any directories work properly.
Yep, CBZ files without directories work perfectly.
KOReader works fine, although it introduces some issues that are personal to me (mostly having to manage two readers and so forth).

I guess this is a fault of the Kobo itself and unless they patch the reader to properly deal with directories in CBZs, the only alternative is to use an alternate reader?
Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 AM   #502
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

AFAIK yes. But you might additionally ask on Kobo sub-forum.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #503
Rumbah
Rumbah began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hi,

as a new KPW owner and manga reader I wanted to use KCC. But the link on the homepage to http://kcc.iosphe.re/Windows/ results in a 403 - Forbidden error. Did I do anything wrong or aren't there any available binaries at the moment?

Thank you for your help.
Rumbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #504
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Small hiccups during the move.

Is should work now.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:29 AM   #505
Rumbah

Thank you, the download worked now.

But after installing I get the following error when starting the program:

Seperately installing Python 3.3.5 64bit to C:\Python33_64 does not fix the problem.

EDIT: It works on a freshly installed Windows in a virtual machine but on my main machine I get the above error.

Last edited by Rumbah; 05-11-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #506
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Re-download installer. Make sure you got 4.0.2 version.
Due to server problems you probably received old version.

Also you don't need to install Python at all.

If you have 4.0.2 version and problem still exist check this:
https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/is...mment-38007962

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-11-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:24 AM   #507
Rumbah

Thanks for your help.

Using regDelNull -s worked and now KCC works without a problem. What a weird error.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #508
Rumbah

Hi, it's me again.

Is there a way for using KCC from command line to automate the process? Just running it out of the Windows command prompt results in an error:

Old 05-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #509
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Normal windows release not include command line version.
You need to use bare sources.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #510
gocarrera
gocarrera began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy KindleGem Installation

Can someone explain how to instalo KindleGem? I couldn't figure it out.

I already tried:

1) run it.
2) Open Terminal and drag Kindlegem;

I just want to convert files to .MOBI
gocarrera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools