Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
eminarcissus
eminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1
PRS t1 cannot get access to recovery mode after re-partiotion

Hi,

I've followed instruction on MobiRead wiki under recovery mode. Everything runs well, I also made a dump of original disk and newly re-partitioned one. Seems everything have no problem at first, successfully rooted and install everything without any hurdle(I've done this since couple months ago), and now it keep failling shutting down so I just decide to make a full recovery. But I found myself failed get into recovery mode(press Home+Menu button), but I could still get into android system without problem. Under this circumstance I also afraid of using a sd-card recovery or factory recovery will make my machine cannot ever boot up again.

What can I do?

P.S.:When press Home+Menu button on start up, the bar went complete and then got back to empty, and it will not boot up into recovery mode or a normal mode unless I press reset button to get it boot into normal mode.

P.S.S:When shutting down, it just stays at the narrow window all the time.

Any help will be precious. Thx in advance for all.
eminarcissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
Try rupor's rescue image by extracting its "OS Firmware" folder to the root directory of the SDCard. Then boot that image by switching on the reader while pressing Home+Menu until progress bar reaches 100%.

You now should have both serial and partition access from your PC.
This image btw doesn't make any changes to your device, but you will now be able to apply your backup.
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
eminarcissus
eminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enougheminarcissus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ink View Post
Try rupor's rescue image by extracting its "OS Firmware" folder to the root directory of the SDCard. Then boot that image by switching on the reader while pressing Home+Menu until progress bar reaches 100%.

You now should have both serial and partition access from your PC.
This image btw doesn't make any changes to your device, but you will now be able to apply your backup.
Really really really appreciate,I've finally get access to the recovery mode
Old 10-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
I'm glad I could help.

As for the cause of your issue I wouldn't have any idea.
See if the pre-installed "@Test Mode" app is able to reboot / shutdown your reader. It doesn't show up on home screen page #3, but you can access it via a launcher.
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
eminarcissus

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-ink View Post
I'm glad I could help.

As for the cause of your issue I wouldn't have any idea.
See if the pre-installed "@Test Mode" app is able to reboot / shutdown your reader. It doesn't show up on home screen page #3, but you can access it via a launcher.
I've done a full image recovery, when backed to original version,everything going well(including recovery mode),when backed to re-partitioned version,system update went well but recovery mode(usb serial console) is not usable,but other problems were gone,it could just properly shutdown and update the system as usual .Also putting rupor's recovery image under root of sd and trying to get into recovery mode it just works. Doesn't know the reason but it really just help me out of the problem. Right now I'd just prefer stayed with re-partitioned one without original recovery mode access.
Advert