Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #181
mikeywilliams25
Enthusiast
mikeywilliams25 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GloHD and Aura h2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
So is the UK site the same as the German one, then? Your comment that you weren't able to find an English web-portal seemed to indicate it wasn't.
seems to be unavailable right now on uk amazon and on the german web site.
mikeywilliams25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #182
demusss
demusss began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeywilliams25 View Post
seems to be unavailable right now on uk amazon and on the german web site.
They are also selling these on ebay. Look for user spartechnik. Black is out of stock at the moment. I emailed them and theyre back in stock end of next week.
demusss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #183
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleice View Post
I can't absolutely tell from the pictures, but it looks like the top is "open", in that there's nothing to hold the reader down from that angle. It's entirely the frame that hold the reader inside the case. From what you've said here, it's a precision fit. Is there any danger of this becoming loose in time? I had an open-top casing like this for my old HP iPAQ and while it started off being a perfectly snug fit, that was no longer true after around 4 months and the iPAQ fell out very easily.
It is open at the top, but the fit is really snug. There is no give in the frame that would lead me to believe that it will ever be less than a snug fit. If, after months, this were to be the case, I like the case enough to think about making it snug again.
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #184
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
So is the UK site the same as the German one, then? Your comment that you weren't able to find an English web-portal seemed to indicate it wasn't.
Sorry about the misunderstanding. With the "same place"(post 163) I meant the same supplier not the same web-page. Somebody else(you?) found the same case on UK-Amazon. The supplier in both cases is Startechnik who have the url spartechnik.de (which, if you know german, is a silly little play on spelling).
At the url spartechnik.de I couldn't find an english version of thier assortment.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #185
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapabl View Post
JSWolf....you are not entirely correct. I have this case/sleeve now on my T1 and it works great if you don't mind the T1 unprotected when reading. There is actually a little felt piece that can cover the open end of the case covering the T1 inside (you can see the flap utilized in my photo). I hook my stylus in one end and a rubber stylus in the other end. Yes, the T1 is unprotected when removed but some people like that. The case itself is quite sturdy. All depends on the style you are looking for.
Attachment 81116
But why would you want your T1 protected just some of the time and not all of the time? Yes, I know some people prefer reading with the device naked. But that gives no protection at all. I know a case wont always protect the device. But some protection is better then none. I would never use my 650 without a case. It's just not safe enough. Plus, the case has the light so I can read in low-light or no-light situations.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #186
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
I don't have any kind of protective cover on my laptop when I use it, and it cost more than ten times as much as my e-reader. Maybe some people don't see the value in an "insurance policy" that costs a third to half of what they spent on the actual item.

Considering the state of my purse and my computer bag, my e-reader is never safer than when in my actual hands!
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #187
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
I don't have any kind of protective cover on my laptop when I use it, and it cost more than ten times as much as my e-reader. Maybe some people don't see the value in an "insurance policy" that costs a third to half of what they spent on the actual item.

Considering the state of my purse and my computer bag, my e-reader is never safer than when in my actual hands!
A laptop is different then a reader.

My laptop sits on a laptop tray and when I am using it, it mostly sits on my lap. If I was to let go of my laptop, it would not fall and hit something.

My reader is in my hands. If I was to let go of my reader, it would fall and hit something. I do not know if it would become damaged or not. But It is in a case so I would hope no damage.

Notice the difference in the use of a laptop and a reader? You analogy just doesn't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #188
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
My reader is in my hands. If I was to let go of my reader, it would fall and hit something. I do not know if it would become damaged or not. But It is in a case so I would hope no damage.
If I was to let go of my reader (why would I do this? have I been drinking?) it would fall... in my lap. Many of us LIKE reading nekkid. The laptop analogy works for me. When I'm on the move, it is in a case. When I'm seated and using it, it's not.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #189
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
A rather obtuse come-back. If you let go of your reader, it could easily fall onto the floor or other hard surface.

I agree with others that my reader will always have at least some protective cover.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #190
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
A rather obtuse come-back. If you let go of your reader, it could easily fall onto the floor or other hard surface.

I agree with others that my reader will always have at least some protective cover.
You should do whatever works best FOR YOU. Some of us are getting tired of reading the same posts over and over regarding the danger of sleeves. In the place that I read, there is no danger of the reader falling on the floor. I have never, in 2 years of using it, dropped my reader on the floor. So I would like to read reviews of sleeves that fit the T1 without someone criticizing the poster each time. They work for some people.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #191
cghipp
Zealot
cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cghipp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo
Quote:
A laptop is different then a reader.

My laptop sits on a laptop tray and when I am using it, it mostly sits on my lap. If I was to let go of my laptop, it would not fall and hit something.

Notice the difference in the use of a laptop and a reader? You analogy just doesn't work.
My laptop happens to be very slippery and, in fact, is quite likely to fall off my lap if I let go of it. However, I will not allow that an analogy has to be perfect in order for it to serve to make a point. Everything that is not an e-reader is different than an e-reader in some way. You may find a smartphone to be more analagous; however, my smartphone cost three times as much as my e-reader and yet I was able to find a very serviceable case for less than $5.

Last edited by cghipp; 01-13-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typo
cghipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #192
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
But why would you want your T1 protected just some of the time and not all of the time? Yes, I know some people prefer reading with the device naked. But that gives no protection at all. I know a case wont always protect the device. But some protection is better then none. I would never use my 650 without a case. It's just not safe enough. Plus, the case has the light so I can read in low-light or no-light situations.
Do you have those nice plastic covers on your couch? Some protection would be good, after all couches are expensive

We all have different compromises we are willing to make between "safety", convenience, weight, etc. Personally my eReaders are naked when they are around the house. When Travelling I slip them into a sleeve:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

They show the picture of the K3 size, but mine is just the right size for my T1 or my K4 whichever i want to take.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #193
bibahbuzemann
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
If I was to let go of my reader (why would I do this? have I been drinking?)
Maybe somtimes

I love reading on the train and I'll usually read the whole three hour trip. However, when I'm just a little bit tired, trains have this strange effect on me. The soft rumble and swish of the tracks puts me to sleep like a lullaby. Consequently the ereader drops on the carpet, no prob if it's in a case.
I used to read with an EBW1500, no need for a case there, I could probably drop that on concrete.

The T1 is built light and light doesn't equate to rugged.

As for reading nekkid, I'm not gonna try it on a train(except perhaps in my own compartment).
Old 01-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #194
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
You should do whatever works best FOR YOU. Some of us are getting tired of reading the same posts over and over regarding the danger of sleeves. In the place that I read, there is no danger of the reader falling on the floor. I have never, in 2 years of using it, dropped my reader on the floor. So I would like to read reviews of sleeves that fit the T1 without someone criticizing the poster each time. They work for some people.
Agreed. I get that some posters feel strongly about this issue, but enough of the "must" lecture-y tone used. Yes, a cover may be more protective. It's one thing to let someone know of the risks of not having a protective cover, it's another to continuously post in every thread about how this is the only acceptable way to use an ebook reader.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #195
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
How protective is a case if you drop the reader while reading? After all, the front half of the reader is still exposed (and possibly three sides, depending on the cover).

For my T1, I use the neoprene sleeve from the 600 I traded in. I'd use a cover if I could find one that was light, thin, protective, inexpensive, and could be folded back to hold with one hand.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote