Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
PhotogirlSA
PhotogirlSA began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver EB02
My iRiver e-reader screen is broken

Hi

I'm new to mobileread.

I received my iRiver e-reader about 2 months ago. It's been really great and I'm loving it.

Unfortunately, when I switched in on this afternoon, the screen was just a mess. I tried switching it off and on again, but still the same thing. I think that the screen may be broken, I can't think how though, as I'm so careful with it. I'm really so sad. Is their anyway that it could be fixed. Please help!!

Thx
PhotogirlSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Photogirl, welcome to mobileread!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have with your new reader. It really sounds like you have a broken screen. Unfortunately, in this case you can't do anything yourself to fix it. You must send the device to your vendor or to iRiver for repair.

The screen is quite fragile and it may be that he already broke a few days ago. Sometimes it takes a little time to show.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
Not true, I have replaced a screen on an EB02.

Your story is under warranty and you should take it back to the shop. They will be able to get the screen fixed but you will probably find that it costs more than a cheap e-book reader from a supermarket.

If you can find a screen then it is not too tricky to replace, but finding a screen is not easy or cheap.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote