Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 05:02 AM   #691
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Would it be possible to add a cloud service as a Device?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:27 AM   #692
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Would it be possible to add a cloud service as a Device?
If you have a folder on your computer that syncs with a cloud service, you can add that folder as a device.

Using the Connect/share menu in Calibre, choose "connect to folder." It will let you search your drive for the folder you want. Once you've connected to the folder, you can choose "customize plugin" from the Reading List menu and select Folder Device from the Devices tab.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #693
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I'll be trying that Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #694
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
problems adding to reading lists [Solved]

[Solved]

Last edited by issybird; 10-02-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Poster request.
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #695
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I seem to have found an issue with the Reading List sync in that it seems to be unaware of conflicting formats in the device. For example, if I previously have added the text format book.txt to my device (either manually or because I formerly had txt set as my top priority in the device settings) and I run the sync again with epub as the device's top priority, it will not sync the epub until I delete the text format.

If I manually 'Send to device' through Calibre it sends the epub fine even with the txt already there, but for some reason having a different format already in the device trips up Reading List and the epub doesn't get synced until I delete the text file.

I think Reading List should be able to differentiate that the format that is now the priority isn't on the device and should be synced regardless of whether any other formats for that book are already on the device.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2015, 11:43 PM   #696
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which option are you using for the sync? If you use "Add/overwrite all list items to the device" it will send all books in the list. The format sent will depend on the device configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #697
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I'm using 'Replace device with list, add new items only'. I have a lot of books synced so Add/Overwrite All takes quite a long time. It seems like this mode should work, though, shouldn't a new format of a book be considered a "new item" and thus be updated under the "add new items only" part of that option description? What it seems to be doing is "add new items only, unless there is another format of the book already on the device" which I don't see any benefit of doing.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #698
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your description of how it works is correct. And it is how I expect it to work. One problem with your interpretation is working out when to send the other format. If I deliberately send a lower priority format, how does the list know that the next time I connect it shouldn't send the higher format. And if I change the format order, does it then send all the now higher format books on connect? And is it supposed to tell the difference between adding a book and editing the book? Both give the file a newer timestamp.

I assume what you are doing is maintaining a single list to show all the books that are currently on the device. I don't really have a need to know this in my library. After all, I know when the device is connected or I can look at the device. What I use is a reading list with "Add/overwrite all list items to the device" and the clear after sync option. Then I add new or changed books to the list, connect the device and they are sent. The list is cleared ready for the next book.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #699
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I assume what you are doing is maintaining a single list to show all the books that are currently on the device.
And if this is the case, it's easy enough to create a Y/N custom column for "on_device" and have the plugin change the status to Y when it sends it, which is how I handle it. That way I can tell what is where, even when I don't have one of my devices connected.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #700
Kraftwerk
Zealot
Kraftwerk began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
'Reading list' has stopped syncing books

I reset my Kindle paperwhite but this has stopped the 'reading list' from automatically adding and removing books from my kindle, when I connect my kindle to my laptop.

The only way I have got it to work is to have: 'Device to sync this list to' as: 'any device', which I don't want.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Kraftwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #701
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
I reset my Kindle paperwhite but this has stopped the 'reading list' from automatically adding and removing books from my kindle, when I connect my kindle to my laptop.

The only way I have got it to work is to have: 'Device to sync this list to' as: 'any device', which I don't want.
I would speculate that your Kindle isn't being recognized as the same device anymore.

I'd plugin in the Kindle, go into Reading List's config on the Device tab, delete the existing Kindle device entry and then click the 'Add connected device' button. You'll then need to update your existing reading lists to use the new device entry.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #702
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I remove the 'Default' reading list the PI stops working

Code:
calibre, version 2.52.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'Default'

calibre 2.52 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Favourites Menu && Walk Search History && Barnes & Noble && Resize Cover && FictionDB && Generate Cover && EpubSplit && Drop Search Results && Beam Ebooks && Count Pages && Modify ePub && Quality Check && Extract ISBN && Reading List && Find Duplicates && Import List && View Manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 294, in about_to_show_menu
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 108, in rebuild_menus
KeyError: u'Default'
Fortunately I backup my configuration at days end.

Either there needs a block on removal of the 'Default' RL, or better yet, allow its removal and also remove the 'Add to Default', "Remove from Default' etc etc menu items.

A trivial thing - the PI doesn't show a down arrow glyph in the toolbar icon indicating presence of a drop down menu, but it does have a right arrow glyph in the context menu indicating presence of a flyout menu -- aren't they different representations of the same thing. This PI isn't the only 'culprit' in this regard, the View Manager and Favorites PIs are likewise -- as is the "Select Library" icon

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #703
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If I remove the 'Default' reading list the PI stops working

Code:
calibre, version 2.52.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:u'Default'

calibre 2.52 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Favourites Menu && Walk Search History && Barnes & Noble && Resize Cover && FictionDB && Generate Cover && EpubSplit && Drop Search Results && Beam Ebooks && Count Pages && Modify ePub && Quality Check && Extract ISBN && Reading List && Find Duplicates && Import List && View Manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 294, in about_to_show_menu
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 108, in rebuild_menus
KeyError: u'Default'
Fortunately I backup my configuration at days end.

Either there needs a block on removal of the 'Default' RL, or better yet, allow its removal and also remove the 'Add to Default', "Remove from Default' etc etc menu items.
I'll have a look in the next couple of days to fix this. I suspect I'll be lazy and just allocate one of the others as the default if you delete the current default list.
Quote:
A trivial thing - the PI doesn't show a down arrow glyph in the toolbar icon indicating presence of a drop down menu, but it does have a right arrow glyph in the context menu indicating presence of a flyout menu -- aren't they different representations of the same thing. This PI isn't the only 'culprit' in this regard, the View Manager and Favorites PIs are likewise -- as is the "Select Library" icon
There should be a small down arrow in the bottom right of the toolbar button. But. exactly what is shown depends on how the button works.

If the button only has an action and there is no menu, there will be no down arrow on the button.

If pressing the button has an action but there is also a menu, the down arrow will be next to the button. And putting the cursor over the button will show two areas to click. Over the button for the action, and over a thinner strip next to the button for the menu.

In the button doesn't have an action and hence all actions are accessed from the menu, there should be a small arrow in the bottom right corner of the button. Pressing the button always displays the menu.

In the context menu, there is no difference between the latter two cases. Clicking the menu item always opens the sub-menu if there is one.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #704
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll have a look in the next couple of days to fix this. I suspect I'll be lazy and just allocate one of the others as the default if you delete the current default list.
@davidfor - I really would prefer removal of 'Default' just be prevented.

I do not want one of the RL's I've created to suddenly acquire the 'special' attributes of the 'Default' RL. I don't use the 'Default' RL, my RLs are 'project' related and they are transient. I had hoped by removing Default I could reduce the menu size by getting rid of all the "xxxx to Default..." menu options - but if I can't, c'est la vie.

Quote:
There should be a small down arrow in the bottom right of the toolbar button. But. exactly what is shown depends on how the button works.

If the button only has an action and there is no menu, there will be no down arrow on the button.

If pressing the button has an action but there is also a menu, the down arrow will be next to the button. And putting the cursor over the button will show two areas to click. Over the button for the action, and over a thinner strip next to the button for the menu.

In the button doesn't have an action and hence all actions are accessed from the menu, there should be a small arrow in the bottom right corner of the button. Pressing the button always displays the menu.

In the context menu, there is no difference between the latter two cases. Clicking the menu item always opens the sub-menu if there is one.
Well maybe that's what supposed to happen theoretically, but it ain't what I see here - and it never has been. For the record, with large icons viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	147014

I normally have no icons. So theoretically, what and where should I see something the equates to a "small arrow in the bottom right corner of the button" when there are no icons, viz

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	147016

Maybe use an on the right if the 'item' itself has an action, and a '↓' on the right if it doesn't - or vice versa. It's not important, just another 'why is it so' question. Wouldn't have mentioned it, but for the problem after the removing Default RL.

BR
Old 03-10-2016, 06:11 AM   #705
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

When I select a list from the View Reading List flyout it overrides the sort settings as defined by the current View Manager selection Ψ²

BR