Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Yemeth
Yemeth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
PocketBook 602 on route

Hello,

after reading and researching for many hours what e-book reader to buy, I have decided to order the PocketBook 602.

Without this board I would have probably bought something completely different.

So, even though this is my first posting on this board you have all helped me very much with your reviews, thoughts, opinions and everything else you can read here .

Looking forward to use my first e-book reader, but I have to wait a bit until I get abroad to get my fingers on it. I will use the meantime to buy an SD card reader and to look around for an DRM free bookshop (if there is one) and how many croatian e-books there are around (even though I will primarily read in english and german) .

Thanks again and all the best ,

Mijo
Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemeth View Post
...I will use the meantime to buy an SD card reader...
Welcome! Make sure you have a MicroSD card that is at least class 4 (people have reported problems here with class 2 cards). The card I bought came with a USB reader, so maybe you won't need to buy a separate reader if you buy a new card. Also, you can put the card into the pocketbook device, connect via USB cable to your computer, and then mount and copy files to the card that way. So, you can survive without a card reader.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Yemeth
Yemeth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Welcome! Make sure you have a MicroSD card that is at least class 4 (people have reported problems here with class 2 cards). The card I bought came with a USB reader, so maybe you won't need to buy a separate reader if you buy a new card. Also, you can put the card into the pocketbook device, connect via USB cable to your computer, and then mount and copy files to the card that way. So, you can survive without a card reader.
Hello,

thank you for your advice! Ah, that changes everything, I would love to avoid buying another device that takes up space etc. . Does this mean I can also do the firmware update this way (copying it from the PC to the card that is in the reader)?

Thanks again...
Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemeth View Post
Hello,

thank you for your advice! Ah, that changes everything, I would love to avoid buying another device that takes up space etc. . Does this mean I can also do the firmware update this way (copying it from the PC to the card that is in the reader)?

Thanks again...
Yup...
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote