Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #31
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Thanks! It's fast again. Now if there was a way around the short battery life...
The driver still needs to be rewritten (Amazon shipped broken drivers that don't work with ICS upwards... There are broken audio drivers in the stock build too, so who knows what else? Heh.). I don't know the status of it, but Hashcode just released a new kernel for CM10 which fixes some things. He was waiting for awhile until TI finished updating their drivers for Jelly Bean.

Wish we had a way to clean the caches on the stock build. It would help with a lot of problems everyone seems to have here every week.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Now that I've been using JB on my KF for awhile, it's been getting slower. Any advice on how to remedy this?
Quote:
Thanks! It's fast again. Now if there was a way around the short battery life...
Really, the best way to remedy the above is to buy a Nexus 7. Lightning fast with a quad core and an incredible battery life. Not to mention the exceptional display and thin, light form. I have loved my Fire but I'm selling it.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
There are a lot of new devices coming out late this year so I'm in no hurry.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Really, the best way to remedy the above is to buy a Nexus 7. Lightning fast with a quad core and an incredible battery life. Not to mention the exceptional display and thin, light form. I have loved my Fire but I'm selling it.
Having had extensive time with both the Nexus 7 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Student Edition), the GTab Student Edition is the better buy IMO.

As for the Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean, the ICS and JB ROMs that are currently available are great for those who like to tinker, but for anyone wanting a rock-solid full Android experience on their KF, then I highly recommend the ICS-themed CM7 ROM that has been mentioned a few times here. It is arguably better than the stock Amazon ROM.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #35
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
I rooted my Fire and installed CM10 (hashcode's) last night. I really like how responsive the Fire is now.

A lot of my apps say that they need the Amazon Appstore loaded onto the KF to run. When I try to install it, I get a message stating that the installation failed. Any suggestions?
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #36
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Having had extensive time with both the Nexus 7 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Student Edition), the GTab Student Edition is the better buy IMO.

As for the Kindle Fire running Jelly Bean, the ICS and JB ROMs that are currently available are great for those who like to tinker, but for anyone wanting a rock-solid full Android experience on their KF, then I highly recommend the ICS-themed CM7 ROM that has been mentioned a few times here. It is arguably better than the stock Amazon ROM.
I'll have to look into the Gtab than. My initial experience with the Nexus 7 has me somewhat cold towards it. The battery and reading on it is very good but playing videos are no better than the NC or KF, if even that good.

Any workaround for Flash with JellyBean has proven fruitless on the Nexus 7. I assume Flash on the KF is the same with JellyBean, a no go.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #37
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unless I am missing something, JB is definitely all it is cracked up to be. Me not being rooted on any device I own, the opportunity to explore this OS at a low price with a device as good as the Nexus 7 the more time I have used it is something I personally will do so it is a keeper.

Last edited by robertc88; 09-08-2012 at 11:20 AM.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote