Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #256
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have 2 Kobo wifi. Best update for KT is settings for time idle to sleep and to power off. This should be added to other Kobo models at next update.

I am right handed and hold kobo with left hand as much as I hold it with right hand. When holding with left had often hold at bottom so I can turn page with left hand. This might work better upside down. Regardless I always adapt to what works best for me at that moment.

Thanks for past updates.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #257
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
On the KT I think that it would be nice if an upswipe from bottom straight up made the font bigger and a downswipe made it smaller.

BTW I also love the ideas of a dictionary on all content as well as the home button being optioned as a next page button.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #258
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
new KOBO TOUCH FIRMWARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
As there seems to be a lot of feature requests for future firmware updates for both Ko1 and Ko2 (wiFi) lately, it seems best to bring all the seperate and thus hard to follow request threads together under one thread.

This also allows the Kobo support staff who are participants on Mobileread to find 'em all!

To start the ball rolling;

My request for Ko1 future firmware would be instant on and go-to.
just a heads up kt has new firmware
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #259
zhhbc
zhhbc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
landscape reading in PDF

It's nice that KT can read PDF file in landscape mode. It will be nicer if KT can
1) in landscape mode, the option menu, back/forward tap also rotate 90 degree, just like iOS and andriod device.
2) in landscape mode, when zoom to "fit width", forward tap can do (back tap just does the reverse)
a) display bottom half of the page if current view is top half of the page
b) display top half of next page if current view is bottom half of the page
zhhbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #260
msoulier
New Kobo Reader
msoulier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
how about some quality?

Simply accepting that the Kobo eats its own db from time to time is unacceptable. What is being done in firmware updates to fix this issue permanently?

As a software developer, I am appalled.
msoulier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #261
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I very, very seldom see this happening under normal use anymore. I wouldn't say never, but almost. The DB can be broken--for example, there have been a few issues with Calibre in the past when something in Kobo changes and the Calibre driver hasn't caught up yet. I've seen it break when people unplug the USB cable without properly unmounting. An example of this would be when numerous books have been added at one fell swoop and they are not done processing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #262
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Syncing Icon indicator

Would love to have a syncing icon here. Something to indicate the read is doing more then being connected and charged.

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #263
snirp
snirp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I would like to see the total number of pages left in the book rather than how many pages in the chapter.
snirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:22 AM   #264
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
agnostic book source

I would love for there to be a way access -directly- via Wifi to my choice of source and have it download directly to the device. Gutenberg, Smashwords, Feedbooks, Baen subscriptions, etc. Or tie it into Calibre server, Squeezeserver, TwonkyMedia, DLNA, or generic folder parsing through the browser to access private collection with a 'save to reader' option.

-NO- eReader does this AFAIK. (I dug around trying to find one, but maybe I missed it if they do.)

Last edited by artifact; 06-19-2011 at 01:28 AM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #265
msoulier
New Kobo Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I very, very seldom see this happening under normal use anymore. I wouldn't say never, but almost. The DB can be broken--for example, there have been a few issues with Calibre in the past when something in Kobo changes and the Calibre driver hasn't caught up yet. I've seen it break when people unplug the USB cable without properly unmounting. An example of this would be when numerous books have been added at one fell swoop and they are not done processing.
Well I just experienced it with a brand new kobo updated to 1.9 firmware, after using calibre. A calibre developer blamed the kobo, and you are blaming calibre, so I guess that gets me nowhere.

I'll see if I can reproduce it. It would be nice if I didn't have to use Calibre just to manage all the books on the device. *hint hint*
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #266
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Preliminary note: I don't own one yet, just going from what I have found out.

I would like some way to make custom applications easily accessible from the kobo. This would allow custom software to be run (in a more useful way than trying to hijack the sudoku launcher) by the people. (It is documented how to write applications for the kobo, just the interface suffers from being unable to launch the application)
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #267
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snirp View Post
I would like to see the total number of pages left in the book rather than how many pages in the chapter.
This is one of the things that irks me about the Kobo Android app.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #268
digiSara
Groupie
digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.digiSara actually read the MS Office License Agreement.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by snirp View Post
I want both! When reading a non-Kobo book, it only tells you number of pages, not number in chapter.

I'd like to see something like "Page X of X / Y of Y" where X tells you chapter and Y tells you total of book.

Because I like to know how far I am in the book, but also the chapter (especially at night when I keep thinking, I'll just read until the next chapter and that turns out to be 50 pages away!)
digiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #269
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
I would like some way to make custom applications easily accessible from the kobo.
Seconded.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #270
msoulier
New Kobo Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Preliminary note: I don't own one yet, just going from what I have found out.

I would like some way to make custom applications easily accessible from the kobo. This would allow custom software to be run (in a more useful way than trying to hijack the sudoku launcher) by the people. (It is documented how to write applications for the kobo, just the interface suffers from being unable to launch the application)
One of the reasons why I bought the Kobo was to get out of the apps hell that most manufacturers inflict on their devices. I want an ebook reader that is just that. No apps. Just do your job well, with no bugs.

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo